Couple of questions on guide and audio channels (1 Viewer)

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks on the MC-TV Converter tip got it installed will do that method.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
@Vasilich cor blimey thats complicated (for a basic level above noob!). I can play the file in VLC and that will allow me to select the audiostream. It appears that Narative (NAR) channel is the default , or first channel as opposed to the English (ENG). As i no longer have Media Centre I think I will just convert the files and that will be that. Other users may have a similar problem, Its probably only where i have recorded a HD broadcast too.
The guide is the biggest bother though as I cant view it in the correct order.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
as i have no wtv files, i cannot check whether LAV filters support wtv format (that is why it would be easier for us if you could upload any file in wtv format you have problems with). If LAV supports it - then it is a matter of settings in LAV and MediaProtal to get it to work.
SO start LAV splitter configuration (install LAV filters if you haven't done it yet), switch to formats tab, scroll to the end of list, find there WTV format and make sure that this format is checked. If not - then check it :)
After that close LAV config, and test your recordings again in MediaPoral.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the response and advice. I am sure this will help someone.

Any ideas on organising the Guide.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does that mean the Guide cannot be put in an order?
    Of course you can change the channel order: inside "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" -> "TV Channels". You can enable/disable channels, change their order. And you can create channel groups, sort them as well (by drag/drop tabs).

upload_2016-1-20_21-52-28.png

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I renumbered the Channels 101 102, etc to match Freesat UK but didnt seem to work like that

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I renumbered the Channels 101 102, etc to match Freesat UK but didnt seem to work like that
    Please check the highlighted controls above: for ordering you can either drag/drop channels up / down or use the arrow keys.

The channel numbers are currently not used inside MP2, but this is planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom