Cover Art Embedded in ID3 Tags Not Working (1 Viewer)

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
look at this row:

Code:
Musicdatabasereorg: 8264 skipped because of creation before the last import

so it didn't import anything, cause you had the checkbox marked, that it should only import files changed after the last import.
untick that and you will get a full rescan

I spotted that and tried it again, still nothing. It says it's writingthe files but the folders are empty

olirs

Portal Member
December 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I also use ID3 embedded cover arts and I had the same problems. After using the experimental databases.dll and core.dll from hwahrmann it worked perfect after a rescan.
Great job! Thanx a lot!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice to know that it's fixed and working in the upcoming 1.0 release :)

I'm amazed that they only offer 126 x yyy as the largest image. Sorry, hadn't realised that it was the way in which Last.fm made their data accessible

Actually I found an easy pattern on their web image naming convention and therefore was able to substitute the supplied artist image url with the high res image's location. MP 1.0 will finally have high quality artist thumbnails :cool:

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm amazed that they only offer 126 x yyy as the largest image. Sorry, hadn't realised that it was the way in which Last.fm made their data accessible

Actually I found an easy pattern on their web image naming convention and therefore was able to substitute the supplied artist image url with the high res image's location. MP 1.0 will finally have high quality artist thumbnails :cool:

That's excellent news, thanks for your great work and having a look at this.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    OK,

I've done a fresh install of MediaPortal 1.0

I had an empty folder in 'thumbs\Music\Artists' and I ran the AudioScrobbler config, unticked 'Only missing' and tried to download artist images. Unfortunately it didn't download a single image :( I've attached a log of the scan - the logger was set to debug mode but doesn't seemed to have picked much info up as to why it didn't/couldn't download the pictures.

Let me know if there's anything else you want me to attach.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure it didn't download or do those covers simply not show up in MP?
    Somehow it seems like the option to switch artists names (like "Beatles, The") had been set previously.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Are you sure it didn't download or do those covers simply not show up in MP?
    Somehow it seems like the option to switch artists names (like "Beatles, The") had been set previously.

Nothing downloads at all.

My use of the term 'fresh install' may be a bit liberal I did copy over the Music database. I'll start with a fresh one and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom