Crash in TVSeries (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe are you constantly playing the same video in the small window? Maybe there's something wrong with that video otherwise.

All I can say is that I've got no problem keeping a video from MP-TVSeries or Moving-Pictures playing or paused in the small window and switching to a different plugin or adjust things within the plugin I'm in (correct a failed auto import for example that popped up during playback of another)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    G’day RoChess,
    No I’ve tried multiple videos of different formats across 3 computers in my network, all with the same result. I have no problem with videos from any other plugin (MovingPics, videos or TV).

I’m in the process of reinstalling a second laptop I have with a fresh install of windows 10 on a new ssd.
    As no one else can reproduce I am assuming it’s something on my end.
    I’ll keep windows as untouched as possible and do a clean MP install with only tvseries added. I’ll post logs again if I have no luck.

One thing I have done in the past on all my machines is setup and use atmolight and atmowin. Only one is using it now but something of those could be left over and causing a problem, hence testing a clean laptop install. Otherwise maybe network?
    Thanks anyway.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe trial and error sucks, but if you can at least create a stable working environment, then you can slowly start adding stuff and enabling settings you prefer, until you run into the culprit. The only irritating issue is when your problem is causing by two or more aspects, in which case narrowing things down can be a PITFA.

I'm using a 132 LED zone system myself without any issues, but I don't use the MediaPortal plugins, and simply rely on AmbiBox for a DIY clone, so that it works in more than just MediaPortal (such as Plex, MPC-HC, etc.)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok.
    On a Toshiba U940 (PSU6VA-018002) laptop with 12 GB Ram and a 64GB SSD.
    I am connected to a Netgear D6200 wireless router at ~130Mbps

Clean install of 1803 Windows 10 Home.
    Only changes to default Windows 10 are logged into my outlook and onedrive account and installed required net 3.5 from programs and features.
    Firewall to local private network is off.
    Real time protection is off.

Installed fresh MP 1.21 final.
    Chose titan skin.
    Using the LAV Filters that come with the install 0.70.2
    Installed MP TVSeries from Extemsions and use default MPTVS addons.
    Opened MP Config and chose Expert. Changed the LAV Video decoder to DXVA Native.
    Chose my TV server connection from the network just to stop the connection errors.
    Disable all Plugins except TVS.
    Closed Config.
    Opened TVSeries Config from the desktop
    Added one network share "\\Lichloathe\G\TV Series"
    Let the Scan finish.
    I have added example screenshots of my folder structure on the server (1.jpg and 2.jpg).

Opened MP.
    Using keyboard only.
    Moved to TV Shows and press enter.
    Chose Dollhouse and pressed enter.
    Chose season 1 and pressed enter.
    Chose Episode 1 and pressed enter.
    Played for approx 2 minutes.
    Press space bar to pause.
    Pressed Esc to return.

Then within the space of 40 seconds and without leaving the plugin i moved in and out of about 10 - 15 series until the GUI locked up.
    I then waited 40 more seconds until ending the task.
    I have noted that the VMR9 error only writes when the MP is forced close.

Thats it.

I'll look into my network/server next. The same approx result is happening on two wired computers.
    I have added the fresh logs.
    Fun fun fun.

P.S. Its not a show stopper for me as I have just settled for stopping programs before stepping back through the plugin (eg - to browse guide etc.)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      44.9 KB
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      74.2 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_20_02_19__15_07.zip
      96.2 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe if you switch too fast between series, then another bug might be the issue. Doesn't even require a video to be playing. Same thing happens in Moving-Pictures if you adjust the advanced settings on update timings. Lot of things change when you navigate through a list to update all the skin items and publish skin properties to plugins.

I used to be able to crash MediaPortal to desktop all the time by just holding down the down-arrow on my remote when viewing a large list of movies in Moving-Pictures and I'm wondering you are encountering an alike bug.

Moving-Pictures for sure has an option to adjust the timings on that, as that is how I resolved the crash scenario on my system, but forgot if MP-Series has an alike method.

To test, just view all TV-Shows, and hold down the down-arrow on your keyboard and cycle through all your shows. If you can reproduce a crash/lockup in that situation, then focus on getting that bug fixed as it is probably indirectly the cause of your existing issue.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    if you switch too fast between series, then another bug might be the issue

Thanks RoChess, I fully understand this (and would love it if it was the case) but I was just hoping my last explanation might get someone else to be able to reproduce the problem which based on the logs seemed to be the same.
    Anyway. I just tried what you suggested and could not get it to crash at all while not playing/Pausing a video, no matter how quick I moved around in the plugin.

So next I played a video for 7 minutes and then paused.
    Then pressed esc back until I was at the home screen then stepped back in to where I was and it froze again. All rather slow and steady (maybe 5 key presses).

I'll be looking at my server this weekend (which I just reinstalled 2 weeks ago for an unrelated problem).
    I might try going back through some older MP builds too and see if I can reproduce it as I think I've had the problem for a few versions.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_21_02_19__10_48.zip
      153.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The MePo error log clearly has entries in it that should not exist. The first entry might set things in motion that cause all the subsequent failures to stack up, but the HID key not being in dictionary is a strange one.

[2019-02-21 10:39:46,758] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - InputDevices - WndProc - exception caught from InputDevice: MediaPortal.InputDevices.HidListener System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    [2019-02-21 10:40:39,756] [Error ] [110 ] [ERROR] - render exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [2019-02-21 10:45:22,298] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - InputDevices - WndProc - exception caught from InputDevice: MediaPortal.InputDevices.HidListener System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    [2019-02-21 10:48:16,577] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VMR9: MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9 in renderer​

Roughly speaking the logs are saying you pressed a key that was not properly configured. And this occurred right after you exited MP-TVSeries to enter the GUI Home screen.

[2019-02-21 10:39:45,823] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Window: WindowPlugins.home.GUIBasicHome init​

Developers might need your HID XML configuration then, and I guess the other question is, do you remember what key you pressed? It would be a key shortly after you pressed the ESCape key to get to the Home screen.

Try the following to assist:
    1. open the MediaPortal log folder
    2. delete all the log files
    3. Play video, pause it, and get ready to hit keys, starting things off with ESCape key
    4. press a key (and obviously remember it)
    5. wait a second for the "MediaPortal-Error.log" file to be created, and verify you see the ERROR entry on KeyNotFoundException
    6. Repeat from step #4 until you find a key that causes an issue
    You should then be able to narrow down which exact keys are causing the issue, which will greatly help solving this for you.

Ideally you have access to concurrent RDP (RDPWrap is what I use), or setup a UNC share on the log folder, so you can keep MediaPortal full screen while pressing keys on the HTPC and monitor the log files from a different device (another PC, or phone, tablet, etc.). Otherwise have MediaPortal run in windowed mode (ALT+Enter should allow you to toggle out of fullscreen or adjust the configuration beforehand).

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Interesting.

@RoChess, I did what you said and ran MP (default skin) in a window and watched the log file.
    As soon as MP loaded, no content in error file.
    As soon as I move the mouse and the cursor wakes up the HID error occurs.
    At this time I haven't even loaded the TVS plugin so i waited for the cursor to hide again and again when I moved the mouse the error popped up in the log again.
    I quit and collected logs (1.zip).

Then I loaded MP with the wireless mouse turned off and the mouse on the laptop disabled.
    With the keyboard I entered TVseries and played an episode of Doctor Who. Waited less than a minute and paused.
    Returned to the home screen with a couple of esc key presses, then returned back to the plugin. As soon as I entered Doctor Who again, Bam!
    No HID error.
    I have collected logs (2.zip).

Again thanks RoChess.

Attachments

• 1.zip
      304.7 KB
    • 2.zip
      308.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom