Crash: New installs and infoservice (1 Viewer)

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've noticed with RC1 and doing a fresh clean install, that media portal will continue to crash (.NET framework hard crash) if you have a location in weather. And it doesn't matter which skin you use. I figured I'd post it here, since infoservice is being installed my StreamedMP.

This has happened to me on 2 different machines. The only solution is to disable infoservice, configure your location and go into weather in mediaportal.

Once you've actually been in weather once, you can then procede to reenable infoservice and configure streamedmp to do it's special weather features.

I imagine this problem wouldn't occur if you actually installed mediaportal and went in and configured weather and ran mediaportal once with at least one visit to weather before installing infoservice via the streamedmp install.

It's easy to reproduce. Install media portal and then imediately install streamed mp. Configure your location in weather and procede to start mediaportal.

I really don't want to wipe out my install, to capture a log for you, but if you absolutely need me to I will.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've noticed with RC1 and doing a fresh clean install, that media portal will continue to crash (.NET framework hard crash) if you have a location in weather. And it doesn't matter which skin you use. I figured I'd post it here, since infoservice is being installed my StreamedMP.

This has happened to me on 2 different machines. The only solution is to disable infoservice, configure your location and go into weather in mediaportal.

Once you've actually been in weather once, you can then procede to reenable infoservice and configure streamedmp to do it's special weather features.

I imagine this problem wouldn't occur if you actually installed mediaportal and went in and configured weather and ran mediaportal once with at least one visit to weather before installing infoservice via the streamedmp install.

It's easy to reproduce. Install media portal and then imediately install streamed mp. Configure your location in weather and procede to start mediaportal.

I really don't want to wipe out my install, to capture a log for you, but if you absolutely need me to I will.

Thanks for the report, this is a known error with Infoservice beta8 and has been fixed in beta9 - we will be including beta9 of infoservice in the RC2 release of the skin dur this w/e.

Thanks

woddog

Portal Pro
November 28, 2007
Townsville, QLD
Home Country
The infoservice plugin (both 8 and beta 9) also seems to be producing a strange menu problem in the homescreen when used with the beta 7 of the Arcsoft Blu-ray plugin and the RC of StreamedMP. The problem I have is that you can't select anything with the remote and the shutdown, restart etc sub menu isn't visible.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom