[TV] Crash on Analog channel scan (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Looking forward to it.

I have a Cinbergy HT PCI with same problem.

77dramarc

Portal Member
November 17, 2009
Hi,
I've the exact same problem. I've a hauppauge hvr-900H usb hybrid tv-tuner.
Too many trials when the analog scan seem to destroy the drivers for the tuner card somehow since wintv somwtimes goes down after working with the mediaportal tv-server...

ANy news on this one?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MisterD was quite busy those days but found the time to check this analog issue and should have solved it.

Please wait for next public SVN and if not fixed report back...

Simone

77dramarc

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Has the analog crash been fixed in the latest SVN? I could find it the the tv-server update file regarding the latest build.
    If you know this issue has been adressed, I'll try the new build tonight.

Best regards
    Anders

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    For me crashes dissappeared several weeks ago since I've tried to upgrade from stable version to SVN. But "Unknow error" still exists with last SVN. No TV at all.

77dramarc

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Hi,
    I started to install the latest SVN build for the TV-server.
    I then tried to can for analog channels and it worked fine!! Great

BUT

I then tried to start mediaportal but it couldn’t start since it was not of the same version as the tv-server. I then installed the update from the SVN build.
    I then ran mediaportal config and saw that my skin (StreamedMP) was not in the list. I tried to run mediaportal with the default skin but it didn’t start since there was missing skin files. I saw that mediaprotal was looking for the skin files in C:\documents and settings\application.\mediaportal\skins (or something like that) but I originally installed mediaportal in C:\program files\team.mediaportal.

SO it seams this build make a new directory under documents and settings\applications.

I then copied the MPStreamed folder from my original installation place C:\programfiles\… to the new strange C:\documents and settings … place.
    Now I could start mediaportal and watch TV if ok.

The plugin online videos doesn’t’ work very well anymore because it doesn’t find anything (for example under SVt play) as it used to..

I’m planning to reinstall mediaportal to the stable build, but is there a way of keeping the tv-server install with the SVN build and a way to get the new tv-serve rto be able to run wit the stable mediaportal? As mentioned above , mediaportal won’t start when only the tv-server is updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom