Crash using MP Configuration tool, trying to select Plugins (1 Viewer)

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
March 28, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Media Portal Version: 1.4.0

Description
Folks,
Upgraded to 1.4.0 and ran straight into the IFC bug. Found however that now when trying to select "plugins" in Configuration that the system crashes as per the graphic enclosed. I therefore used the Plugin Installer to remove IFC from MP. This however hasn't changed the crash when trying to select "plugins" in MP Configuration.
Any help appreciated. Also thanks to the MP team for such a great product.
PS: I didn't change the installed directory nor any other configuration changes when upgrading to 1.4.0.

Steps to Reproduce:
Open MP Configuration, try selecting "plugins" and wham configuration crashes.

Attachments

• media portal config crash on plugins.png
    media portal config crash on plugins.png
    50.7 KB
Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Upgrade didn't go very well (it seems) not your fault, it can happen.

%Temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy and start (one by one) each .exe (package-mediaportal.exe / package-tvengine.exe).
    It will reupdate your current install and replace wrong old files :)

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi yes but. The files in the temp dir are history. Can't use that method sorry. I have no desire whatsoever to rebuild from scratch again. Do you have another recovery method I could try please?

Gary

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It will not build from scratch :)
    It will update the files that failed to update the first time.

So just Start full 1.4.0 again -> close it -> go to %temp%...... and files should be there :)

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i had the same problem with MP1.4
    i went back to V1.3.
    does this solution definetely solve the Confing Crash problem?

Edit: Was just reading this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...embly-bass-net-version-2-4-10-0.119051/page-3

as someone mentioned in that thread, deleting "pureaudio.dll" did the job for me. now everything is ok. i really think something's wrong with the installer, so many have had the same problem.

Last edited:

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i had the same problem with MP1.4
    i went back to V1.3.
    does this solution definetely solve the Confing Crash problem?

Edit: Was just reading this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...embly-bass-net-version-2-4-10-0.119051/page-3

as someone mentioned in that thread, deleting "pureaudio.dll" did the job for me. now everything is ok. i really think something's wrong with the installer, so many have had the same problem.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1375301511][/DOUBLEPOST]So I have three options:

Try the temp thing
    Roll back to 1.3
    and
    Delete pureaudio.dll

I'll try the deleteion thing first as it is obviously the easest. Is this a 1.3 comment or a 1.4?
    Not sure how you roll back to 1.3 actually? yes I do have a back up before upgrading to 1.4, is it a matter of restoirng that backup or is there a function in MP that I am missing?
    Temp thing. I'll try that is the other two fail maybe.

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Deleted the Pureaudio.dll file and it works like a bought one! Nice and simple, effective and gets me out of massive trouble, of having to reinstall again.

Thank you thank you.

Way off topic question: Can anyone point me in a direction to get a simple file deletion problem? I wnat to destory windows.old from my C drive and get told I don't have permissions even when logged in as Admin, with all the change privilages rights? Just want something to totally ignore the permissions and blow away the directoy and all its wasted content. I have even tried changing permissions when logged in as Admin, but without any joy. Just want a simple small util that blows anything away that it is pointed at.

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [DOUBLEPOST=1375301511][/DOUBLEPOST]So I have three options:

Try the temp thing
    Roll back to 1.3
    and
    Delete pureaudio.dll

I'll try the deleteion thing first as it is obviously the easest. Is this a 1.3 comment or a 1.4?
    Not sure how you roll back to 1.3 actually? yes I do have a back up before upgrading to 1.4, is it a matter of restoirng that backup or is there a function in MP that I am missing?
    Temp thing. I'll try that is the other two fail maybe.

By going back to v1.3 i meant i uninstalled v1.4 and reinstalled v1.3.
    And don't forget to back up your settings everytime you have a stable situation.
    Also im glad your problem is solved.

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not really an option for me as i have 2500+ movies and more than that in Doc's. Got be careful upgrading next time and parhaps wait a few weeks for all the issues to be fixed with a small patch release forthcoming maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom