crash when stop dvd playback (1 Viewer)

giantpopples

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
I've got the same problem here ! Using XP SP3 with a fresh install, nvidia purevideo mpeg2 decoder, fdshow fr the audio (AC3 SPDIF passhrough) on MP 1.0.0 RC4.
Nearly all the time when i pres "stop" while watching a DVD, MP crashes, nothing in error.log... My log is attached if it could help..

Thx !

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah this has just began for me again after not being a problem for like 6 months.. MPV, MPA and FFDshow latest build...

Doesn't happen all the time, seens to vary, but definately happens enough to be annoying. Thanks

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Similar problem here :(
Let me describe it
If I click on stop when viewing a DVD the screen becomes black but MP doesn't seem to really crash. If I hit "back" several times (to go to MP home page) with my remote and then hit one time on the right arraw to reach the "Close" icon and hit "OK" it closes MP...
I've done another test: instead of stopping the DVD I hit the "Exit", which works and then I have the DVD playing in the window preview at the bottom left corner (which is normal), then I hit stop and the preview window becomes black and I cannot remove it unless I restart MP.

Is it the same problem with you?

Thanks,
Ced

I've just fond that if I change the video renderer back to VMR9, it solves the problem....even if I would lile to keep the EVR (I?m on Vista)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey guys, just found out my problem... It was the VFD display plugin.... What was formally known as CybrDisplay.. I had to disable EQ display and it fixed it, you can't imagine how long it took me to find the problem.. What a weird link, why the EQ display effectsw DVD playback is completely beyond me.

giantpopples

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Hi !

I tried what you said, disabling the eq in minidisplay, affter a quick try it eems to works !!
Thank you very much !

I use minidisplay with a m-play 202 plus R2 from VL-System, what VFD/LCD are you using ? We could inform the devs about this bugs...

Thx again !

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
Just about to give a finished MP box to a friend and this "crash after pressing stop" problem occurred for me...

Thanks thesystemera for discovering the fix...mine is a Soundgraph LCD display (bundled with Thermaltake DH101 HTPC case)...

zanlation

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Home Country
I also have the Soundgraph LCD display and had the same problem with DVDs. By unticking Graphic Equaliser this fixed the problem.

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!

I have the same problem, but in my case, all Windows crash! I don't even have the Minidisplay plugin enabled (it had too issues for me to work properly). I have to shut down the PC completely (holding the power button, because it doesn't shut down properly), and start again every time I dare to press STOP.

I'll try to change the renderer, to see if it works, but is very annoying, because with PowerDVD everything goes fine.

aLeX

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My god, great! It worked for me also! :) Just did a search on "dvd stop crash" and this thread popped out. Disabled EQ and problem fixed. As you said already, how does EQ affects DVD playback ?? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom