crashes with mk809 (1 Viewer)

Guy Van Eeckhout

November 12, 2013
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I'd like to add to this. I'd like to get the pro version (want to support the dev) to use ampdroid "on the road" because of its unique firewall passing feature :)
However, I bought a T-R42 (RK3188 28nm Cortex-A9 Chipset, also RockChip) and experience the same problem(s) as mentioned above. Same workarounds also do the trick tho. Please look into this. Maybe an Android Box manufacturer can sponsor a unit ? Can I help in any way ? which debug files do you need exactly ?

spitjo

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Udine
Home Country
Italy Italy
Really sad to see no development. Those android hdmi boxes are the future of a tv client.... Anyone tried XMBC acting as tv client on those boxes?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There is, just a bit slow atm...

The issue should be fixed with the next version, I will let you you know when a testable version is ready...

Guy Van Eeckhout

November 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    spitjo : yep, doing that as well (using XBMC as a tv client for Mediaportal TV server on other machine).
    Frodo "works" as a TV Client on an RK3188 based box, but you run into the lack of hardware-accelerated decoding support when trying to watch HD TV streams from the mediaportal TV server. HD TV Streams which ampdroid handles really well when you know the workarounds (when it's good, mention it too they say in Flemish :) ).
    Gotham tries to tackle the hardware acceleration issue, but so far, the PVR clients are broken in the alpha's so i can't really comment on the progress there.

JonnyNI

Portal Member
    January 6, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Got the JUSTOP K10A Android TV and had the same issue but click and hold works for me until the new version is out

Good job by the way DieBagger

I'm new to MP so can I ask a silly question lol, i'll give you a run down on the setup first

HTPC - Living room - MP Server \ Client with MPExtended \ WiFiRemote installed
    Nexus 5 - aMPdroid installed, can stream fine and control the main server
    Android TV - Kitchen - aMPdroid installed

My question is, Say I was using my Nexus 5 and aMPdroid and found what I wanted to watch is there an option or could it be added to play it on the Android TV? I know theres the option "Play on PC" but would be nice to see other aMPdroid devices

Hopefully you know what I mean and its not been asked before

Thanks

ramazotti7

June 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is, just a bit slow atm...

The issue should be fixed with the next version, I will let you you know when a testable version is ready...

I have the android TV Box HiSilikon T-42 II and also get no chance to stream live tv (or other - I don´t get the button "Stream..") - is there now a solution for this problem?
    I can´t find any more news for this problem.

If not, with which android box I can stream live tv to my beamer (HDMI)?

Thanks to all for helping - because in few days the football world championship starts :(

Ramazotti7

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    @ramazotti7 I also had this problem, I found if you "long press" on an item from the channel list/epg/series/movies etc then a bar appears above. From this bar you can stream, by selecting the play arrow icon.
    This might work for you too.

Interestingly on my devise, this issue was solved when I flashed a newer ROM, all the stream to devise etc buttons that should show normally would now appear.

ramazotti7

June 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ramazotti7 I also had this problem, I found if you "long press" on an item from the channel list/epg/series/movies etc then a bar appears above. From this bar you can stream, by selecting the play arrow icon.
    This might work for you too.

Interestingly on my devise, this issue was solved when I flashed a newer ROM, all the stream to devise etc buttons that should show normally would now appear.
    Hello ibmonkey, thank you a lot for you help - I get the stream with your solution.
    Please can you tell me, where I can get the newer ROM for this box (did you have the same)?

Best regards,
    Rainer

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread