Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

haccor

Portal Member
October 2, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
First of all- a BIG thanks for the work put in to this. What a fantastic plug-in.

This may be a really daft question, but I have got my satellite pointed to the 28.2 sat to use freesat, but when I use the freesat plug-in the EPG tickbox is greyed out. I am also having some weird 'NoSignalDetected' issues.

I tried using the Sky plug-in and appears to have scanned okay. Can I use the the Sky scanner on a freesat set-up (i.e no sky card) for the FTA channels only, or will it not work properly? Surely they are effectively the same thing (main difference being the addition of the scrambled channels buy I can delete these)?

Thanks,
Jake

haccor

Portal Member
October 2, 2012
Home Country
Actually no so sure now. I keep get "no signal detected" errors when trying to test/watch TV. Perhaps need to try the freesat plugin again!

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
First of all- a BIG thanks for the work put in to this. What a fantastic plug-in.

This may be a really daft question, but I have got my satellite pointed to the 28.2 sat to use freesat, but when I use the freesat plug-in the EPG tickbox is greyed out. I am also having some weird 'NoSignalDetected' issues.

I tried using the Sky plug-in and appears to have scanned okay. Can I use the the Sky scanner on a freesat set-up (i.e no sky card) for the FTA channels only, or will it not work properly? Surely they are effectively the same thing (main difference being the addition of the scrambled channels buy I can delete these)?

Thanks,
Jake

i use the sky plugin one to use the fta channels from my existing dish which was originally for sky, but it uses the same sat and so yes, you can delete scrambled channels you dont want and this will give you sky news as its `fta` :)

Last edited:

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I really want to update to the latest grabber version but I'm holding off as it will require me to resort all my channels. I'm hoping to install it together with 1.3 beta, which looks like it will be released very soon.

I was wondering if you've tested the grabber plugin at all with the 1.3 beta DJ, so that there's no 'surprises' when it's released? Will you have to relase a new version of the grabber to be compatible with the 1.3 beta?

Thanks

haccor

Portal Member
    October 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Excellent. Cheers for the advice chaps- I will persist! I am currently running a retune in media portal in the hope it updates the channels but keeps them organising. I am getting no signal on each channel despite being nearly full when retuning! Arghh! Haven't even thought about the channels on 19.2 yet!

haccor

Portal Member
    October 2, 2012
    Home Country

haccor

Portal Member
    October 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Argh. Keep picking up channels but getting no signal error when trying to play. Am reinstalling now.... Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom