Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (8 Viewers)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I installed this version yesterday (the 1.3 version) to try and get Sky EPG working, but today after watching the formula 1 I stopped TV and came onto the server to check some settings on Mediaportal TV Setup - when I launched it, it told me the TV service wasn't running, sure enough when I looked it had died..

The logs (here; http://pastebin.com/qiaR5aB6) seem to point to an issue with the EPG updating - is this a known problem?

I'm using the Sky UK grabber, and set everything up using the instructions posted by DJBlu.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
I installed this version yesterday (the 1.3 version) to try and get Sky EPG working, but today after watching the formula 1 I stopped TV and came onto the server to check some settings on Mediaportal TV Setup - when I launched it, it told me the TV service wasn't running, sure enough when I looked it had died..

The logs (here; http://pastebin.com/qiaR5aB6) seem to point to an issue with the EPG updating - is this a known problem?

I'm using the Sky UK grabber, and set everything up using the instructions posted by DJBlu.

this may help -

Delete the Sky UK Grabber Channel.

Go into the Sky Plugin -> Cards / Mapping

Change the ServiceID to 4189

Everybody will have to do this as Sky have changed the EPG Background Audio pmt to deliver no sound.

I think the Cat and Mouse has begun.

hope it helps :)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
Thanks Atomic7431.

What's meant by 'Delete the Sky UK Grabber Channel' ?
Is that an actual channel located in the main TV channels list, or something else?

I haven't got that enabled (if it is in the scanned channels) - by enabled I mean ticked so it shows in the TV Guide..

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
no its located as follows -

open up tv server config
on the left click on radio channels the list of radio channels appears on the right
there you will see `filter by channel name` - type sky
then below it will show the `sky uk grabber` delete this :)

Last edited:

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
no its located as follows -

open up tv server config
on the left click on radio channels the list of radio channels appears on the right
there you will see `filter by channel name` - type sky
then below it will show the `sky uk grabber` delete this :)

Awesome, thanks for the help!
I've just changed it, hopefully that will help!

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
All my epg is displaying yes but i dont have ss1 hd etc i only have the free channels from sky as i have no card slot on my tbs 6981. I have had no signal issues before yes and they were down to not ticking `set modulation to not set for hd channels` and the epg issues recently going by djblu were down to the sky epg data channel changing frequency let me just find that info as well .....

edit ...

Delete the Sky UK Grabber Channel. as i described above.

Go into the Sky Plugin -> Cards / Mapping

Change the ServiceID to 4189

this should fix the epg issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom