Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm using 1.3B and 1.2.0.34, and have noticed that when the grab starts it TV server completely takes up 1 of my cores, causing TV to dropout on clients.

Is this expected? it's only a problem in the grabbing data section.

since my server is a HP Microserver and only has a dual 1.5Ghz processor it may not affect people with higher spec's.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It's no major issue as i have it set to grab at 4AM.

Thanks

I did add CPU throttling on earlier editions however most servers where capable of completing the task without any issues. I'll add it again.

You should be using 1.2.0.35 with 1.3.0 Beta otherwise your Sky Numbers will not be updated correctly.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
OK Ran some more tests and think I see the issue:

Set a Series Link Recording for 6am and put HTPC into standby = Recording Worked as Expected.

Set a Series Link for 6.30am - Rebooted HTPC - Put into Standby = DID NOT RECORD

Therefore it appears that the TVService is not picking up the scheduled tasks when it is started for series links.

Does this help, can anyone reproduce ?

Dave.

Fixed,

New installation files on page 1.

Allan Stevens

Portal Member
September 2, 2012
Essex
Home Country
As for radio mine has grabbed radio channels - I'm not hiding encrypted though so maybe the radio channels are sky encrypted??
Ill check when I'm home

I can confirm that the radio channels are unencrypted as I had them working before the ignore scrambled issue. Maybe DJBlu can do some of his magic :)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
As for radio mine has grabbed radio channels - I'm not hiding encrypted though so maybe the radio channels are sky encrypted??
Ill check when I'm home

I can confirm that the radio channels are unencrypted as I had them working before the ignore scrambled issue. Maybe DJBlu can do some of his magic :)

What colour are they in the Setup TV. Red or green?

Allan Stevens

Portal Member
September 2, 2012
Essex
Home Country
Ill check when I'm home

What colour are they in the Setup TV. Red or green?
Not sure, when I get home tonight, I will do a full scan to re-add them and check the colour. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom