Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

Allan Stevens

Portal Member
September 2, 2012
Essex
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I can confirm that the radio channels are unencrypted as I had them working before the ignore scrambled issue. Maybe DJBlu can do some of his magic :)

What colour are they in the Setup TV. Red or green?
Not sure, when I get home tonight, I will do a full scan to re-add them and check the colour. Thanks

Sorry I was being a little dim :oops:

I have the 'Hide all channels group' selected, and as the radio channels are not in a group they where hidden when I opened radio from the front end. I have put the channels in a 'Digital satellite' group and can now see them. Sorry if you started looking into this.

I might be pushing my luck, but noticed the radio has no epg or logos, are they in the stream ? :)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Anyone here using a HD 4000 iGPU and can receive Boomerang+1?

Need to ask something if you could drop me a PM!

Ta :)

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    @DJBlu. I have all the latest patches and versions running and I'm getting a lot of lock ups and server crashes with the plugin enabled. When I disable it the problem goes away. System Specs in user info. It's a clean install.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    What colour are they in the Setup TV. Red or green?
    I might be pushing my luck, but noticed the radio has no epg or logos, are they in the stream ? :)

You can get the EPG if you select the EPG grabber in TV Setup.

There is a freesat epg decoder built into TV Server. Select the Channel "Radio Caroline" and ensure "Grab data for selected channels" is not selected. If you don't have this channel then you need to do a search on the following:

Advanced Search
    Single Transponder
    Freq: 11426000
    Pol: Horizontal
    Symbol Rate: 27500

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    @DJBlu. I have all the latest patches and versions running and I'm getting a lot of lock ups and server crashes with the plugin enabled. When I disable it the problem goes away. System Specs in user info. It's a clean install.

Any ideas?

Are you using a Network Share?

Allan Stevens

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Essex
    Home Country
    You can get the EPG if you select the EPG grabber in TV Setup.

Thanks DJBlu, did the transponder scan to get Radio Caroline and now get the epg for a good chunk of the radio channels. Incidentally I also got Fashion One channel, which I think is freesat exclusive.[DOUBLEPOST=1356041447][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Radio are green here
    Just spotted your post. Thanks for checking. Green for me too :oops:

Got to the bottom of it, having 'Hide all channels group' selected stopped me seeing them in the gui.

Last edited:

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    OK Ran some more tests and think I see the issue:

Set a Series Link Recording for 6am and put HTPC into standby = Recording Worked as Expected.

Set a Series Link for 6.30am - Rebooted HTPC - Put into Standby = DID NOT RECORD

Therefore it appears that the TVService is not picking up the scheduled tasks when it is started for series links.

Does this help, can anyone reproduce ?

Dave.

Fixed,

New installation files on page 1.

Can confirm its all working fine now thank you :)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I'm trying to iron out remaining issues with my MePo installation. I couldn't live without the Sky UK EPG plugin and DJBlu has done a sterling job, but there is one issue that still plagues me, and I'm wondering if someone knows how to solve the issue.

The Channel 4 and friends channels (More4, E4, etc...) seem to get duplicated (attached image) and also do not contain any EPG data like the other channels. As far as I can see channel numbers, transponders and SID's are the same on all duplicated channels.

Anyone know why it might be doing this.
    Thanks
    I'll look into it.

This happened a few months ago and I fixed it however it has creeped back in somehow.

Thanks.

Any news on this, or anything that can be done as a 'temporary fix'? These channels are probably 50% of the viewing in my house, so although it's a tiny proportion of channels being affected, it would be great to be able to have EPG on them.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Noticed on the first scan, it states logos are downloading but nothing appears in the tv logos folder.

On the second grab the logos are downloaded again but this time they do show in the logos folder

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I'm trying to iron out remaining issues with my MePo installation. I couldn't live without the Sky UK EPG plugin and DJBlu has done a sterling job, but there is one issue that still plagues me, and I'm wondering if someone knows how to solve the issue.

The Channel 4 and friends channels (More4, E4, etc...) seem to get duplicated (attached image) and also do not contain any EPG data like the other channels. As far as I can see channel numbers, transponders and SID's are the same on all duplicated channels.

Anyone know why it might be doing this.
    Thanks
    I'll look into it.

This happened a few months ago and I fixed it however it has creeped back in somehow.

Thanks.

Any news on this, or anything that can be done as a 'temporary fix'? These channels are probably 50% of the viewing in my house, so although it's a tiny proportion of channels being affected, it would be great to be able to have EPG on them.

Is this issue region related? My More4, E4 etc are all perfect - full EPG and only 1 channel for each..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom