Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

Sorry - I didn't explain very well.

I really need to know how to set up separate grabbing for my Freeview cards in addition to the custom grabber - i.e. any channels not covered by the Custom Grabber Sky channels.

I know that I need to use the "TV EPG Grabber" tab in the Server Settings but am never sure about the "Store data only for selected channels" ticker. Does this in any way affect the Custom Grabber?

Thanks

Andrew Roads

March 10, 2012
Home Country
Hey DJBlu

Looking forward to the 1.3 final version! This is one of the best add-ins for the TV Server.

Quick question - do I always need to use your version of MP as well as the custom grabber and plugin, or does the custom MP version just add series link etc?

Can I use the custom grabber and plugin dll on their own on the TV server?

Cheers

Last edited:

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    @elsmandino

From another thread you started recently, Owlsroost has uploaded a new tswriter specifically for 1.3 final here. This fixes the problem with DVB-T scans which we were having - I've tried it on a 1.3 final TVServer which does not have DJBlu's grabber and it works perfectly, but I'm not sure if this will overwrite any changes made by DJBlu's grabber if it includes an updated tswriter.

@DJBlu

Will Owlsroost's new tswriter have any bearing on your custom grabber?

Cheers
    Si

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

Although I do have a problem with DVB-T scans (as mentioned above), my current issue is something unrelated to this.

I currently have both both freeview and freesat in my HTPC and I have combined all the channels appearing on both.

I use the Custom Grabber to populate my EPG, which works fine at providing information for all channels that appear on Sky but it does leave a few that appear on Freeview only - a good example being channel 301.

I was just wondering what the correct setting was to get this populated directly from the Freeview stream - i.e. I want only channels that are not found on Sky to populate the EPG from freeview.

I guess that I would click on "TV EPG Grabber" in TV Server Configuration, click "store date only for selected files" and then tick on the channels that on Freeview only? Is this the correct way?

Thanks

Alex

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    No Alex, do not tick the "store data only..." box. Just select ONE DVB-T channel (I select only BBC1) and this will grab data for ALL DVB-T channels. That will not affect the Sky grabber's data in any way. Or at least, I think that is the case. Someone might want to correct me if I'm wrong.

Si

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Si,

Thank you so much for that - have a fully populated now (so glad you told me not to tick the "store data only..." box).

Also, many thanks to DJBlu for the latest update.

My setup is working so well now that the Mrs is even starting to accept Mediaportal!

Thanks again

Alex

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Is there a way of clearing the EPG completely before a new grab (even manually)? I'm still not getting EPG for certain channels that are definitely on the Sky EPG (Style Network, Capital TV, Movies 24+, CCTV News) and that's the only thing I can think of to fix it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom