Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

colossus-x

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Is there a way of clearing the EPG completely before a new grab (even manually)? I'm still not getting EPG for certain channels that are definitely on the Sky EPG (Style Network, Capital TV, Movies 24+, CCTV News) and that's the only thing I can think of to fix it.

Go to : Start>All Progams>MySQL> and select "MySQL command line client"
Enter password: MediaPortal - ensure the 'M' and 'P' are capital letters
if you logged in okay you will be presented with the following prompt for input:
mysql>_
enter here exactly the following line including the semicolon at the end
drop database mptvdb;
thats it, you can close that window and rescan.

Note all your TV settings have also been reset to defaults so you'll have to go through them again - not a big deal unless you've got loadsa plugins. Alternatively there is also a 'clear' button in the tv config app which will just clear all the channels. You could try that first I suppose but I'd prefer a total wipe if you having issues.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can you be clearer on what that wipes? If I do a backup of all possible settings using TV Server Config, drop the database, then restore my settings, what will have changed?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    colossus-x,

not sure if this applies to the Custom Grabber, to delete the contents of the MePo TVguide (EPG) I use TV Server Config > Manual Control > Refresh EPG. I use this when I'm tweaking WebEPG, xmltv import and when it is done the MePo TV Guide shows "no programs" for all channels. From the wiki description this will restart EPG Grabbing. Don't know if that will cause you problems. See wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DJBlu,

I'm still beavering away at trying to make something work for NZ Sky, similar to what you have done here; haven't got very far but hey it's all cool :)

I have a question about the custom grabber. Does it rely on the TSwriter code to grab the sky channels correctly, including channel numbers, or is this done via your other plugins? If Sky here in NZ store channel numbers in a different place to the UK can I specify this in a plugin or would I have to amend the main code to pull out the channels?

Thanks

Chris

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

Just tried to upgrade TV Server to the 1.3F version and I am still getting the "Failed to upgrade database" dialog box popping up.

Any solutions anybody?

EDIT: Dropped the mptvdb and started from scratch, all seems to be loading OK. I thought this would be the best way, so I had a clean db to start from. Oh! the joy of scanning 8 tuners :rolleyes:

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmmm... When I scan my sat channels everyone of them is being listed as channel 10000

I deleted all channels, and tried again using Owlsroosts fix for this (although the fix may only work with DVB-T) and still got all DVB-S/S2 channels listed as 10000

breedalot

Portal Member
    April 6, 2008
    on 1.3 beta and I have been waiting for 1.3 final woopee its here! thanks DJblue.

do i need to do a complete new wipe and reinstall or can i upgrade?

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    1.3.0 Final files on page 1.
    Hi DJBlu,

Thanks for releasing the 1.3.0 Final files. I'm planning to build a new TV server soon with TBS USB devices TBS5280 and TBS5980, and I'll be using the CI functionality of the TBS5980. I was wondering whether TBS CI support is already included in your 1.3.0 Final files, as I noticed that you released separate TBS-optimised files in the days of 1.2.3 Final?

Thanks in advance.

David230

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks DJBlu, All 1.3final software installed and working well! My only real gripe is my TBS 6925 is a little slow to channel change..

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am not including any other code in this thread.

If you wish to merge the code then please do so but I haven't got the time to keep updating installers for different people. This thread will only include the Custom Data Grabber with plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom