Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DJBlu,

When time permits, it would be great to see a Sky NZ Plugin. Would love to try it out.

Cheers
    AScott

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AScott,

The plugin does actually work in New Zealand, except the channel groups and the program titles have 4 leading characters [00] or similar. Try and you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Indeed, I was wondering however he could release the code then we could at least use it while he develops the other stuff (unless he is super advanced with it)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it just the categories that are the issue?

I can rectify this this evening and get it to add the categories. It might slow down the grab as there will be a string search on each title.

Are the categories in EPG Collector?

Can you upload a full TS stream so I can analyse it for the groups. Thanks.

Last edited:

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Installed 1.4 over 1.3, then DJBlu's over that........did a scan no problems woohoo!, EPG is perfect, then went to watch live TV and I get a second or two of action in the preview window then it freezes without going full screen......not related to DJBlu's code I'm more than sure (fta also).......has to be something in 1.4 my system doesn't like. Tried various codecs, skins, disabling IFC and other stuff no luck.......:-(

So, best of luck all with 1.4.......and once again thanks DJBlu for your hard work.

Ian.

Update: Skin issue.....default wide is fine.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it just the categories that are the issue? I can rectify this this evening and get it to add the categories. It might slow down the grab as there will be a string search on each title. Are the categories in EPG Collector? Can you upload a full TS stream so I can analyse it for the groups. Thanks.

I'm hoping that this was a response to me :) If so, a 60 second stream dump can be found here: http://sdrv.ms/1am781j SID 9003 on transport stream 3.

It's simply a program title problem, see attached picture.
    NZ EPG.jpg

The titles contain the extra 4 characters, [00] which EPG Collector removes. I confirmed with SJB that he had to program this specifically for Sky NZ for these reasons.

Apart from this and the fact that the channel numbers are stored on a different table to the UK (either 0xb1 or 0xe2 not sure as MM135200 has a different view on this) your plugin works here, including series link as I've been using this plugin for quite some time :)

Thanks for all the awesome work and I know of a number of people who would be very keen to use this should you have the time (and inclination :-D) to make this work for us!

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    So you are using the Sky UK Plugin and the only thing that doesn't work is the Channel grouping?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey

Yes I am, Sky New Zealand are using a similar platform to Sky UK.

Before I answer the question can ask what you mean by grouping? I ask this so that I can actually answer the question correctly :)

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, I notice you removed the logo scanner in this release, is this temporary or for a specific reason? I can live without but it was a nice feature.
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom