Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (7 Viewers)

desidunda

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Southampton, United Kingdom
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
First of all thank you very much to djblue for this update to 1.4 final.
I took the plunge today and clean installed mepo 1.4 final with your plugin everything is gone smoothly and my channels and epg grabbing is working fine apart from sky channel numbers I have the like 1,2,3,4....... instead of 101.101.103,104...... done all channels clear and rescan for few times but no luck even though I have use sky channel numbers ticked in the plugin settings.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is the category of the program. What I am looking for is the Channel Categories.

Cool :) I always thought that stuff was just rubbish, shows what I know!

I have uploaded a dedicated Sky NZ version on page 1. It won't group the channels into categories(still working on this) but it will remove the [[00]] data.

Can you try it and let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Your a genius! I'll give this a go tonight when I get home from the office. I don't care so much about categories (although that is pretty cool) but to get full OpenTV support for NZ is phenominal. Very much appreciate all the effort.

Chris

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu Just wanted to mention something. Sky NZ group around the channel numbers, i.e. 60-79 is sport, 1-29 is entertainment, 40-59 is movies. Wold the channel categories have any relation to that setup in the stream or is it more static than that, i.e. fixed channel groups and programs get assigned a channel number and automatically slot in to a group based on that?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right so tested the plugin. Works fine, detects all the channels and ticks them. I'm having trouble linking my test client MP to my Windows Server 2012 Essentials so couldn't check via MP, instead had to go through MS SQL browser on the server. All the [[xx]]'s had gone from the programme titles and it all looked good.

I've attached some screen shots of the settings required to make it all work so are you able to make these the defaults?
    Sky NZ General page.PNG Sky NZ grabbed channels.PNG sky nz card mapping.PNG

I've got a question about the channels being red and green in the channel mapping section; normally I would have to go through and turn each one green through the 'free to air' tick box... Does this plugin rely on me doing that again or does it ignore the FTA flag?

Secondly, there are a lot of spurious channels such as 'Bunnings', auxiliary, LNB test etc. listed as channels. How do you remove them? Does Sky UK have the same stuff i.e. channels that are not channels really? Could you filter by channel number = yes then tick; channel number = no then no tick? Admittedly that would require channel numbers to be mapped which would require a change to the base MP TV server code to incorporate the correct table id as channel numbers here are not on 0xc8 but 0xe2 or 0xb1.

EDIT: Wanted to add a massive thank you. While I'd love it to have the same functionality as your UK plugin, I'm incredibly grateful for this as it will solve a lot of issues for me :)

Edit 2: I seem to get issue with not being able to decode the BAT or sometimes the NIT... Seems inconsistent i.e. most times it works but then it doesn't.

Last edited:

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi DJblu Many thanks for the update.
    I'm am getting some strange behavior from this new plugin. I've attached my logs so you can get a lookin. For the record i've done a clean install of my htpc before installing 1.4.0.

Whats happening is im getting the 'error decoding title, index was outside the bounds of array' then the plugin removes all the channels back into the all channels group again. then once in every 10 scans it works fine and puts all the channels back in the right groups again.

i seam to recall this years back it was something to do with the speed of the harddrive being to slow or something like that.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Thought I'd ask, does anyone know if any of the epg grab settings should be set

Fill guide gaps, crc check etc

Also does the grab every 3 hours setting work? It never appeared to work (i believe it was due to a bug where it couldn't find a free tuner) but was wondering if that had changed with the upgrade to 1.4

Thanks

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    @Benoire I have uploaded version 1.4.0.2 to page 1. Can you delete your database and run the plugin. Select all the options and check to see if it sorts the line up for you properly.

I have added the Channel Groups and regions.

Select a region from the Region / Categories page and run the scan.

They are split as follows.

SD All - All channels will be SD
    FTA SD/Sky HD - The FTA HD channels are displayed and SD for Sky Premium channels
    HD All - All available HD Channels will be displayed.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu - Tested fully. Had some real issues with this new version. Deleted all the channels in the radio and tv section, selected all the options bar the modulation ones and ran the grab. Had multiple SDT, BAT and NIT errors which I snapped and have attached. Also grabbed the TSWriter log, bottom of the log is the latest when this was happening.

Had to uninstall the TVServer, drop the database, re-install and run the collection based on the new plugin. The grab produced the 'Working Grab!' picture.

Of note, it appears that the region settings don't actually do anything, i.e. TV ONE has 3 or 4 regionalised channels which always appear no matter which region I set.. Also(!) the channels requiring ticking before they show in the client, is this the case in the UK one? Haven't tried PPV channels yet as I've got ARgus -TV running while I do this setup work on TVserver and I don't have the 'clever software' ready to link TVServer to the card. And finally Sky numbering option doesn't work due to channel numbers all being 10000.

Anyway, once it worked the EPG is fine for all the channels and all HD channels now have the full guide. Really appreciate this. I'm staying on Argus for the moment as that will allow any more testing without fully ruining the WAF (which I'm sure you suffer from widly fluctuates depending on the time of day/month he he )

Attachments

• BAT error on grab.PNG
      BAT error on grab.PNG
      14 KB
    • NIT errors on Grab.PNG
      NIT errors on Grab.PNG
      12.2 KB
    • SDT Errors on Grab.PNG
      SDT Errors on Grab.PNG
      19.1 KB
    • Working grab!.PNG
      Working grab!.PNG