Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The issue is not reproduce-able its very random and so would have to run this mode all the time...
    There is a dedicated option for picking up logs after a crash has occurred, so this is simply not true.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal
    Just gotta read past the first heading! ;)

...i did not actually realize the logs collected with the tool included more information than just zipping up the log folder, and nobody else has ever said any different when ive posted log before.
    Well, now you know. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers :)
    I note my advice was to follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems.
    Reproducible problems = instructions at top of linked wiki page = starting MP with plugins disabled etc.
    Non-reproducible problems = instructions starting half way down linked wiki page = collect logs after crash happens

Maybe we need a separate wiki page for those two sets of instructions?

PS: again, just trying to help :)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    lmao im sorry what a plank, how silly do i feel now, i even quoted it just ignore me :censored: :censored:

maybe i just need to learn to read and re read lol again sorry no offence intended.

Last edited:

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've had TvService crash a few times recently whilst doing a grab. It won't start again until I do a database repair.

I've only got EPG grabbing enabled for Sky UK, no thumbs grabbing or any of that. Logs for TvServer attached, crash was about 19:30 today.

Attachments

• TV Service Crash.zip
      107.4 KB

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Thread has been locked due to time constraints.

This thread is over 2 years old has had over a 150k views but is further away from implementation into mediaportal than when it started.
    The release process of MediaPortal has changed and there are going to be too many to keep up with.

I may add this to final releases but not to Alpha/Beta/RC's

There are changes ahead for the TV Server and this will bring its own challenges, I cannot keep updating several versions and ensure that it remain bug free.

Imagine the outcomes.

Can we have a copy for MP2 that uses TVE 3.5 v1.2 ?
    Oh I like this can I have a version for MP1 1.5.0 and TVE3.5 v1.0?

If it is possible to introduce this later then I might take a look at it but until then it is remaining on 1.3.0.

Cheers for the input over the years you have made this an excellent piece of software.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Thread will be re-opened for discussion shortly.
    I'll upload a 1.4.0 Final version later, it maybe in a few days.
    I will be removing all discussion prior to this and adding a FAQ so we can focus on 1.4.0.
    I am cleaning up the code and converting it to C# and will upload it to github.
    I will be removing all version 1.3.0 and below code so that I can get this added to MediaPortal, I want it fully tested so I can put it forward. If it gets rejected then I'll leave it as it is.

If you want to contribute then I will only respond if you are using 1.4.0 final files and if you upload log files.
    If your question is in the FAQ it will be deleted, so if you see it's been removed take a look on the second post, it's not personal just to keep the thread tidy.
    Please don't PM me as I don't have time to respond, I don't want to cause offence by not responding.

Thanks guys and girls..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom