Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (10 Viewers)

bongobarry

Portal Member
April 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have been using the new version of the grabber and can confirm everything is working beautifully with MP 1.4

Great work DJBlu! Sterling efforts!!

Ben

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu - Here are the screen shots of the settings when running those errors.
    settings when grab fully works.PNG settings when grab with errors.PNG

Chris

Edit: How does your plugin deal with channel numbers? Does it use the main code in TSWriter.ax or do you have some custom code in your plugin to do the lcn mapping?

Edit2: Here is EPG collectors output for both a TVguide and also the regionalised stuff for comparison. Hope this helps a little.

Edit3: Does your custom data grabber or plugin parse the BAT at all? @mm1352000 has confirmed that the descriptor for the channel numbers is contained in the BAT rather than NIT and before I go modifying the main code to add in BAT it would be good to know if you can do it via your plugins.

How are the Sky UK channels described? BAT or NIT?

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

• AreaRegionChannelInfo.xml
      76.8 KB
    Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    The plugin does all this that you need.

Does it add the Channel groups?
    Are your channels numbered?

If you run it again disable the DVB EPG grabber in TVServer. This can cause issues.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey

No the channels are not grouped in either the official Sky NZ Groups or as per the ones in the group section below the regional choice.

Channels don't work either as they're all assigned to 10000 which is default LCN should it not find them on 0x83. Apparently this is due to them existing in the BAT and not the NIT at 0xe2. TVE3.5 now detects the BAT and NIT so finds them but obviously that is still being developed!

Obviously I can manually assign channel numbers, and the groups myself... The main and cool thing is that you've got the EPG working for me without the extra leading information :)

Again, appreciate the effort and time spent.

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hey

No the channels are not grouped in either the official Sky NZ Groups or as per the ones in the group section below the regional choice.

Channels don't work either as they're all assigned to 10000 which is default LCN should it not find them on 0x83. Apparently this is due to them existing in the BAT and not the NIT at 0xe2. TVE3.5 now detects the BAT and NIT so finds them but obviously that is still being developed!

Obviously I can manually assign channel numbers, and the groups myself... The main and cool thing is that you've got the EPG working for me without the extra leading information :)

Again, appreciate the effort and time spent.

Chris

Are you using a version of TV Server higher than 1.3.0 beta?

Can you upload your log files also as I would like to take a look. I am able to get all the categories working here with the TS file you uploaded.

All channels are numbered too. from 1 to 998.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok... Very strange. I'm using the latest version of page 1; v.1.4.0 Final. The actual file name of the installation file is: Setup-TvEngine-git-1.4.0.16

This is being run in conjunction with the custom data grabber v.1.0.0.3 and the latest plugin you created...

I am in all honesty really confused. It was scanning the channels and the EPG but it didn't have the right group names or the channels grouped and the channels numbers where 10000 on all the channels. I have no idea how you managed to get that working! I presume the channel stores are reflected in the TV channels section of the TVServer config page?

Once the missus has stopped watching some crappy film I'll have another go...

Just to check can you tell me what the channel number for Sky Sports 1 HD is?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I've found a potential problem in the settings file I used. I have uploaded 1.4.0.3. Can you try this and use the settings you uploaded in picture 1.

Thanks.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok will do hopefully soon. Missus and 17 week son are soon of to bed! I'll get the log files even if it looks like it works just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom