Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (11 Viewers)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Now that MediaPortal 1.5 is out I am looking forward to trying this out when you can compile it :) just wondering though, does it work well with Freesat?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I use it for Freesat, just tick ignore scrambled channels - it includes one scrambled channel (Nick Jr +1) which I presume must be because it has an incorrect flag.

Don't think there's much in 1.5 to warrant any rush for an upgrade from what I could see.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Cheers for that info, will set it up as you advise. Any other tips?

I run 1.5.0 because I run Windows 8.1 RTM and none of the other versions run on that so have been unable to run this. Getting a bit frustrated with all the Freesat channels just numbered as channel 10000 and not been in any proper order which I understand this resolves?

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I think I already tried that and it didn't work on the RTM release because of the change in the build number from the Preview.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I use it with freesat from sky and it works great! Just untick ignore scrambled channels as above. It sorts all the channels into the correct groups etc with all the payperview channels removed :) Think I'm on an even earlier version than 1.4 so I'm looking forward to an upgrade :)

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I use it with freesat from sky and it works great! Just untick ignore scrambled channels as above. It sorts all the channels into the correct groups etc with all the payperview channels removed :) Think I'm on an even earlier version than 1.4 so I'm looking forward to an upgrade :)

So whats the difference between Freesat from Sky? Do you need additional equipment other than a DVB-S2 tuner card to receive it? I didn't think the channels were any different between Freesat and Freesat from Sky?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Guys there will be an update to 1.5.0 in due course(next day or two). I am looking at a completely new method which should stop the Stutter on channels should there be an update whilst time shifting.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Hey y'all.

I am getting some new toys delivered tomorrow and giving my HTPC an upgrade - which is 100% dedicated to being my MP.

Anyone got any thoughts they would share on MP on Windows 8 yet?

Thanks and btw I have been using this plugin for a while now, its an awesome tool and makes MP the best HT platform ever.

Thanks DJB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom