Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Psykix,

So even if you leave it at the default 3 hour grab you still got errors? It only takes 27s to update the database from scratch, so surely having a every three hours won't make it a problem?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, set to 3 hours gives very bad picture breakup and continuity errors in the log files. No idea why. Changing to run just once a day fixed it. Go figure!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So after many more turns, I gave it a go. Haven't tried HD yet as the card is in the official box but SD FTA faired better with 2 channels recording and 1 timeshifting fine. Starting the third record however caused massive continuity problems on that channel only. Will try HD tomorrow, but I expect to only get 1 timeshift and then errors on the HD record. Not sure what is happening here.

Edit:

Finally stopped the 3rd recording, no others where recording at this time either. Started playback on the same channel of the same program and the continuity errors have vanished and the stream is flawless.

Chris

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So, tested again this morning using Sky Card and on HD channels. First sport channel I tuned to gave continuity errors without even recording another. Tested the timeshift HDD and the combined read/write operations is around 4mb/s with the mods, HD tune suggested an average transfer speed of 14mb/s.

Switched to an HDD with a higher read/write (newer drive) and I'm still getting the same problems. This is really puzzling me now. The hardware is good enough and MP native is fine, just about to test Argus Recorder and see if that does something similar.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you ensure you try the exact same 3 channels with the mods and a clean 1.4.0 version and post the logs so I can check both. Try encrypted channels too if you can. Thanks. I might not respond till later as its late.

Cheers

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers buddy. No worries about timeframe, its great that you're helping. The whole system looks great just trouble with actually watching the channels. Do you want Argus logs to as a comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom