Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's weird as after the initial scan and populate, it stops for 3 hours (default settings) so I'm assuming that it doesn't need to anything but playback the tuned channel... Hopefully DJBlu will come swinging on by :)

I aint no swinger! :D

I'll take a look at it later.

I think I have an idea as to why it might be happening.

I'll upload a tswriter later.

What was the build you used to test without mods?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You never know until you try it :-P

Build was standard download from website version, 1.4 with normal TSwriter; can't pick up the version from the registered .ax file, sorry.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Uploaded a new Sky NZ Plugin on page 1.

You will need to delete the database before using the new plugin because if you don't it will pick up the old settings.

Thanks.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will do. Have to reinstall your mods anyway as I'm running native, and it just doesn't feel right.

And thank you for the work again!

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    OK, I spoke to soon with regards to my problem. I had set it to grab every hour, and after a reboot it seemed to be working, so I set it back to grab at 3.00am, rebooted again (just to be sure!) and again nothing, it just wakes at the allotted time and then goes back to sleep 5 mins later. I'm going to revert to the old version and see what happens tonight.
    ... and everythings now back to normal. Any ideas?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

So tested new plugin, after realising the polarisation was set to vertical as I couldn't get it to grab, it started working. However, I've moved the LNB settings from 10740 to 10755 by one step each time and I still get various levels of continuity error (bad signal?) in the logs. It appears mainly when I try to record another channel as I'm watching one live but obviously disruption occurs even when watching one depending on the lnb setting; i.e. 10750 is fine with one channel but 10749 is crap with one channel.

As said the native MP 1.4 works fine with respect to multi record. Is it worth trying another TVengine as a test?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Chris, I doubt that a difference of 1 MHz in the LNB setting would make so much of a difference in terms of signal quality. For me, your comments about issues viewing/recording multiple channels simultaneously still point to HDD stress.
    Have you tried checking HDD utilisation?
    1. Open task manager.
    2. Go to the performance tab.
    3. Open resource monitor.
    4. Monitor the HDD utilisation while you timeshift/record.

Is it possible that you have real-time scanner/security software scanning the MP timeshift, record or program directories?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey buddy,

My server consists currently of 3 x 7200rpm drives totalling around 1.8TB space. Windows Server 2012 is on C: alone, program files including MP etc. D: is the 600GB Timeshift drive currently (to rule out any other processes killing that drive) and the E: drive is set for record.

HDD activity is fine, nothing peaks high at all, especially given that MP 1.4 'standard' records everything ok at 10750 and the mods where causing trouble even on Four with is a low bitrate SD channel on freesat.

All I can say is that the x3 cpu, 12gb ram and 2 separate HDDs for timeshift/record worked fine in both native MP and Argus Recorder under Windows Server 2012 and this is why I am puzzled as to the continuity errors I get.

Edit: No anti-virus/malware is on the server.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Have you tried setting the grabber to only run at say 3am? I have loads of continuity error problems with the default settings - changed to run just once a day at 3am and continuity errors are gone. Granted I am rarely awake at 3am to notice if they still exist though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom