Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

Sorry to be a pain, but would you be able to run this 60s dump through what ever you have to pick up the channels etc? I've noticed that the NZ plugin is not grouping the kids & Family channels together and when added to a new group it removes a few of them out.

60s dump here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AABFBFAFB9BFA035!7657&authkey=!APAxiJ1Chr1IwwY

Also the groups on this page don't appear to match what is created in channel mappings section of the TV Server... Can you explain how this bit works?

Sky Groups.PNG

Appreciate the time when you can

Chris

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok another one for you if you have the time. Sky NZ keep putting pop up channels at various points (i.e. channels dedicated to something but only for a short period of time). A new one has come up. It has put itself in the correct place in the listings, got all the information about the upcoming channel except that it is showing as channel 10000 in the EPG even though it obviously have found the correct place for it (channel 55). Does the grabber have an LCN number and a display number or is it aligning channels through some other means?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry and again, another thought/question:

Are you able to make the plugin automatically tick desired channels within a LCN range? I.e. all channels with LCN between 0 and 998 should be ticked on discovery, move, amend? That way the mods would automatically pick up the latest channels, groups and list them in MP without having to touch the tvserver to check...

If it already can do this, sorry! I always have to tick the channels before they show in MP.

Chris

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Hi DJBlu,

I was just wondering how you're getting on with the Freesat EPG and series link? As Sky seem more keen to spoil the party I'm considering stopping my sub and switching to Freesat, but the best thing about Sky is your plugin!

Are you still planning to add EPG and series link to the Freesat grabber?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Yeah, but I don't trust Sky to always make their EPG available using the same method - especially with big firmware changes on the horizon. There's a risk with Sky's EPG that one day this will all stop working, whereas Freesat and Freeview's will be more stable.

Maybe I'll take a look at the code and weigh it up. There seem to be plenty of Huffman DLLs around.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Freesat or freeview plugins has the benefit for those providers who are combined with the same Sky setup... At the moment the plugin works for me as I have sky but if I was ever to get rid of it, it was still add the sky channels and I wouldn't get all the freeview ones due to this arrangement. A dedicated plugin would allow only those channels to be found that apply to freesat.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Freesat or freeview plugins has the benefit for those providers who are combined with the same Sky setup... At the moment the plugin works for me as I have sky but if I was ever to get rid of it, it was still add the sky channels and I wouldn't get all the freeview ones due to this arrangement. A dedicated plugin would allow only those channels to be found that apply to freesat.

There's a tick box to only search unencrypted channels, so surely this would do the job?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I never used freeview/sat before I moved to NZ as I always had Sky but here in NZ, there are some channels on Freeview/sat that are not allowed on Sky due to licensing reasons... Effectively while you would get most of the channels, there are number of others outside of the sky muxs which you would never see, hence my thoughts.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Posted over at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...gnal-cannot-start-timeshifting-errors.122846/ but have now been directed over to here considering I run the Sky HD version of MP. When I first set it all up I am running 2 tuner cards the sky ones. It kept losing the mappings all the time but when I only use one card the mappings stayed. This im told is a problem your aware of with the plugin anyway.

Now I am having intermittent issues with no signal and cant start timeshifting... Its just done it again now at 1928 (18/11) Coronation Street should have started at 1928 yet it hadn't done. The channel that was currently on BBC1 HD froze and then I went to change channel and it said "no signal" I went into manual control and one of the tuners was highlighted in red and all other tuners were in idle, when I try to start time shifting on this one it said "tune cancelled" and still says this now on that tuner. At 1930 Coronation Street started recording and all the 3 other tuners will time shift OK. I know starting and stopping the TV service will resolve it temporarily.

Attached are the latest logs which should highlight the issue at 1928...

Please help going out of my mind with this.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom