Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there an issue with the series link function? I've got a number of programs scheduled and they record fine, can playback fine through windows explorer but MP client thinks they do not have any details and neither does the mp client logs (i.e. 0bps, 0 framerate, 0 width etc.). I haven't tested any other record type yet but its strange that the client (on two pcs) cannot play the files back. Offending file is at timestamp: [2013-11-19 20:28:41,003]

Edit: was an issue around maximum UNC file paths, resolved!

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having another issue now... been reffered to this page here for support as its a custom build of MP. No one seems to be replying to support questions though :(

Recently started putting the lounge server/client to sleep when not in use the same way as you would use a sky box etc. However when I resume it from sleep I get the windows program error box saying "Mediaportal has stopped working - Close Program"

Logs are attached. This system runs Windows 8.1. It was doing the same before but I decided to keep the system on, now I want to be able to shut it off as family members keep leaving it playing a channel 24/7 even though the tv is off. Previously I think the graphics driver was to blame as that kept crashing but thats ok now as its been updated but this issue still occuring.

Ive tried reinstalling MP and the tv server/client side but no such luck.

Any help appreciated thank you.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

It looks like a DirectShow/Graph issue - specifically it is generating an error when it tries to release/dispose of the graph/filters when you enter standby.

I would not have thought this is a specific issue with DJBlu's version.

Have you tried using the standard Mediaportal version?

J.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thank you I will investigate. What about my issue posted a few days ago regarding the no signal thing that's still there and worse than ever.

Also the clients which are running the same version are not having these issues.

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I am not sure about your other issue, I will try and look into it.

As for the WOL command, I believe it is only sent when MePo starts (although there were rumours to change this behaviour) - I am out of the loop of developments at the moment :(

J.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    The other issue is most important at the moment as it's making it unusable and unhappy people in the house :( let me know what you think. The WOL thing has always worked before.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like a DirectShow/Graph issue - specifically it is generating an error when it tries to release/dispose of the graph/filters when you enter standby.

I would not have thought this is a specific issue with DJBlu's version.
    I generally agree. The tuning issue was the main reason I referred richardc1983 here... but I'm not at all familiar with DJBlu's code so I can't be sure. That is the issue with custom builds: nobody except the maintainers really know what has been changed without spending time figuring it out, and that is why we ask people who release custom builds to provide the support.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In fact, the exception on stopping playback looks like a PowerScheduler issue to me. The player is stopped... and then PS seems to attempt to stop playback again because it thinks MP is still playing for some unknown reason. Attempting to dispose the playback graph after it has already been disposed is never going to work out well.

@michael_t any insight?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I was wondering the same...Does it check to see if the graph has been disposed of first, or blindly try and dispose of it?

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom