Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's an option but not really doable as I won't have enough tuners to record.

Worth trying to duplicate his setup for now?
That's what I would personally do, you lose tuners but less tuners in return for stability is far more important imo, once it's stable then work on trying to get the other tuners working when Djblu is back being active.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Hi all, I've just done a rebuild of my system from 1.2.3 to 1.5 and I've started using this plugin for the first time (instead of miroslav's on 1.2.3.) It seems to be working well but I do have one [possibly stupid!] question - what do I do about channels I don't want to see? Previously I'd have just edited the channel list in tv config and deleted all that I don't want - if I do that with this plugin will it just find them and re-add them again next time it runs?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been getting this is a bit in my TVServer logs:

06-12-2013 18:18:06.751 Recorder: TIMESHIFT stream rejected - pid: 0x47 stream type: 0x5 logical type: 0x5 descriptor length: 9

Does anyone know what this might mean? I've also been having trouble with some of the channels not actually playing and if recorded or timeshift, TSReader states that it has a 0 frame rate, width, height, bitrate etc...

Also getting no audio/video messages when trying to play some channels but I'm not sure whether that is related to the above...

Anyone else getting inconsistent data?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    06-12-2013 18:18:06.751 Recorder: TIMESHIFT stream rejected - pid: 0x47 stream type: 0x5 logical type: 0x5 descriptor length: 9
    These messages are normal. Any PIDs associated with a service that don't contain video, audio, subtitles or teletext are rejected.

I've also been having trouble with some of the channels not actually playing and if recorded or timeshift, TSReader states that it has a 0 frame rate, width, height, bitrate etc...

Also getting no audio/video messages when trying to play some channels but I'm not sure whether that is related to the above...

Anyone else getting inconsistent data?
    I suggest you post full log files and give specific details - date/time and problem - for help with these.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Of course :)

Used watchdog to pick up all the MP Client logs and grabbed out the four latest TVServer logs.

Out of curiosity (without putting down the fantastic work TVServer is) why an approach to EPG populating like this hasn't been adopted mainstream? This approach appears to be rather clever.

EDIT: sorry forgot to say that it is the latest tune in the logs. Other channels have tuned fine as partner is currently watching Catfish on MTV so this lack of tuning didn't affect the other tuners.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Used watchdog to pick up all the MP Client logs and grabbed out the four latest TVServer logs.
    Thanks. :)
    Looks like a decryption problem to me. TsReader log is full of PES 0-0-1 errors, which usually indicates it is receiving encrypted packets. This lead to:
    [2013-12-06 20:15:42,242] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TSReaderPlayer: Stream is Radio

Obviously Sky Sport 2 HD is not radio.
    I suggest you check your decrypt configuration and server CPU utilisation.

Out of curiosity (without putting down the fantastic work TVServer is) why an approach to EPG populating like this hasn't been adopted mainstream? This approach appears to be rather clever.
    The idea of processing by PID or section is not novel. TsWriter already does this, and I'd imagine most other software or hardware ever written to handle MPEG 2 TS or PS does similar. It is part of the MPEG system model so comes quite naturally.
    In answer to your question: from my perspective it comes down to the fact that DJBlu hasn't pushed for his work to be integrated, so ask DJBlu.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah ok, interesting... I'll peruse the server then thanks for looking!

Its a shame he hasn't pushed it more as I think plugins for the various EPG types is a novel idea plus the way he has done it means the TSWriter deadlock doesn't affect any of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom