Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

Thecork

Portal Member
May 6, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Apologies if this information is elsewhere but I couldn't seem to track it down. I have just setup mediaportal after using xbmc for a while and so much happier with the tv integration than xbmc's rubbish plugin stuff. I have used this build to add the series link and sky epg stuff (just using freesat) and it's working great apart from one thing I can't work out. I've just setup two series links as a test, match of the day (for me) and holyoaks (for her!) lol. If I look in the epg, some future recordings are not highlighted red as if they are going to record. If I go into 'scheduled' I see all episodes set to record but only some have the red icon (circle) next to them. These are the ones that are that are highlighted red in the epg I believe. Can someone please advise what is going on? Will all these episodes record? As an example motd is on tonight and Thursday, tonight's is highlighted red and Thursdays isn't, but both appear in the scheduled section (with tonight's having the red icon). Thanks for your help in advanced.

Last edited:

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When the "sky IT Grabber plugin" updates the channels and these channels are mapped with the "xmltv plugin", they are duplicates. What can you do?
    This happens mainly with the "Sky IT channel."
    Hi, can anyone kindly give me an answer to the question that I quoted? Or if the problem has already been addressed, you can tell me where?
    This is a great plugin, but I would like to combine with XMLTV EPG.
    Thanks for your interest.

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    Can someone please help me out with this installation... so i installed mediaportal latest version from the homepage on this site, now i want to get the freesat epg.

Im using windows 7 x64

When i followed the guide he says to install in this order... but why do i need to install mediaportal and tv server again? and when i try to install the alternative tv server that is on the first page of this thread i get a "some components are missing " and it tells me to install visual c++ redist atl security package service pack 1.... which i have done now SEVERAL times but it still gives me the exact same error when i try to install the tv server on the front page and just takes me to the mediaportal required software help page. i went to the link for the c++ redist on that page to make sure i had the right file, installed it and it still says the same thing.

I have gone through this several times and im starting to rip my hair out. Please can someone please explain the exact process of installing this plugin?

i have also tried putting the custom data grabber dll in the tv server folder and then the sky uk dll in the plugins folder. It displays the plugin when im in the tv setup but it just crashes every time i click "Grab now"

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First things first, the downloads on page 1 here are the files that are required to get DJBlu's plugins working, without them MP cannot do certain tasks. The install order is MP 1.5 official, followed by the modified versions by DJBlu (on page 1). Then you can install the custom data grabber in the main TV directory followed by the sky or freesat plugin in the plugins directory. Before you can use it all you'll have to enable the plugin, stop the service and then restart it.

You have to install the official one first as DJBlus mods do not include certain stuff and it wont install a database for you.

If I was you I would do a full install of MP, delete all the directories that are hidden and then start again with the order above. MP official will install everything to make MP work and the mods here will then add DJBlu's custom code to allow the capture of the EPG.

Let me know how you get on and I'll give you a hand if you get stuck.

Chris

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    First things first, the downloads on page 1 here are the files that are required to get DJBlu's plugins working, without them MP cannot do certain tasks. The install order is MP 1.5 official, followed by the modified versions by DJBlu (on page 1). Then you can install the custom data grabber in the main TV directory followed by the sky or freesat plugin in the plugins directory. Before you can use it all you'll have to enable the plugin, stop the service and then restart it.

You have to install the official one first as DJBlus mods do not include certain stuff and it wont install a database for you.

If I was you I would do a full install of MP, delete all the directories that are hidden and then start again with the order above. MP official will install everything to make MP work and the mods here will then add DJBlu's custom code to allow the capture of the EPG.

Let me know how you get on and I'll give you a hand if you get stuck.

Chris

Thanks but the problem is... i installed MP official + tv server etc... but when i get to installing "TvServer SVN Installer with patch" i get this error :
    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5056/5z1o.jpg

problem is , i have already installed what the error is asking for.... i used the link in the mediaportal wiki to get the package but its still giving me the error!

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I may have had this in the past and it was to do with needing 32 bit stuff even though it was a 64 bit system. Although the official installer does all this for you.

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    so i got it working by reinstalling absolutely everything one final time but now when i launch mediaportal it says that tv server is a different version to mediaportal ?

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    You said that you downloaded the latest version MediaPortal from the homepage, would that be 1.6.0 Pre Release? DJBlu's files are based on 1.5.0 Final.

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere but I cant find it for the life of me :(
    I had to reinstall using 1.5 final so used all the relevant files for DJBlu's exellent plugin
    However I am missing any EPG for itv and all chan 4 stations (ch4 E4 more 4 etc etc)
    I have looked at the plugin but can see no way of adding or using the epg from other itv chans further down the guide which do appear to have data
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom