Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...the way he has done it means the TSWriter deadlock doesn't affect any of us.
    The TsWriter deadlock is solved in MP 1.6. The cause of it could just as easily have been present in DJBlu's code as it could have been in any code that transfers data between the streaming threads and the application threads. I think it was a good learning experience for a lot of people.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu - Sorry to notify you. Is there anychance you can have a look at the NZ FTA issue with the NZ plugin? My database now contains around 2500 channels, bearing in mind there are only around 120 actual channels. I've got to go through and delete 110 instances of the same FTA channels that have been added.

Thanks,

Chris

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When the "sky IT Grabber plugin" updates the channels and these channels are mapped with the "xmltv plugin", they are duplicates. What can you do?
    This happens mainly with the "Sky IT channel."

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Morning fellas,

As I'm using this mod I need to ask this here.

How is MP set to deal with programs that overrun their timeslot? For example, it was qualifying at interlagos and it was raining. The qualifying schedule was pushed out due to heavy rain. From what I can tell, MP recorded the original set length but I know from experience Sky automatically extend the program if it overruns (I know this happened as there was no outro to the program it just simply stopped).

Is MP able to continuously check the scheduled programs against the data being sent when recording and only activate the post record length once that PID I presume(?) has stopped transmitting? I guess I'm talking about a similar function to that old school PDC+ on VCRs that allowed the recording to extend as long as the program was running from the provider.

In this instance, MP did not extend (despite a 7 minute post schedule record) and therefore missed the final 7 minutes of quali this morning and simply stopped without the standard end of program gumf that BBC do for their qualifying sessions.

@DJBlu - if you get the chance, when you sort out the FTA issues for the NZ plugin can you also set the default transponder to Horizontal polarity as the latest version is set to vertical.

Many thanks,

Chris

This is done in the DVB now next EPG data, and has nothing to do with this EPG grabber unfortunately. MediaPortal's DVB implementation unfortunately does not keep constant tabs on this data unlike most other DVB receivers/apps, so it can't monitor this data waiting for the change of event before ending the recording and it doesn't work with all channels ether. so you still manually need to set an overrun for non sky/ BBC channels.

This won't/cannot happen until someone add's this feature and enables an alternate more configurable way of the DVB EPG.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I know where it is carried, I couldn't remember if MP had it integrated yet and with the EPG mods I need to post all my questions related to this install here. I would hope that at some point in the future, this is included as all of New Zealands programming has a terrible tendancy to overrun normally, let alone live sports!

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've recently upgraded to v1.5 and I'm noticing that the TV Service is failing when the PC comes out of standby. I've done some testing and find that short periods of sleep don't cause any issues but if the PC sleeps past an EPG Grab time (3 hours) then the TV service will crash upon resume.

The log is attached containing the shutdown 23:55 and then the resume at 11:41. It looks like the Grab is trying to run before the network has reconnected and causing an exception:

Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 192.168.0.5:31456

This is my uneducated diagnosis so maybe others can comment? As a quick fix I have set the TV Service to restart on failure so this isn't causing too much of an issue. Maybe if this is confirmed a Grab delay upon resume could be added?

Many Thanks!

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have the TV service set to restart in the event of a crash. Set it in services.msc to repeat this behaviour for infinity. Seems to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom