Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So someone had to be the first to request an update to the latest greatest plugin in MP.......
Hi DJBlu, do you have any plans to update your plugin to 1.6.0 Final please?
Happy New Year to all.

Cheers.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if i upgrade mediaportal to 1.6.0 will this plugin not work?

That is correct. The plugins require the custom code created by Djblu to be installed which can only happen if someone updates the source to 1.6. I might have a look at merging the code later this week and see if there are any issues but I can't guarantee that it will work. in the meantime of you still wish to use this, you must remain on 1.5.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Not sure why this plugin has not been incorporated into the standard release. This is one of the best features offered by MP and surely by incorporating this it would lessen the burden on DJB to maintain?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure why this plugin has not been incorporated into the standard release. This is one of the best features offered by MP and surely by incorporating this it would lessen the burden on DJB to maintain?
    There are some reasons why the team haven't, however the main one is the TVE3 is on a feature freeze and most of the focus is on TVE3.5; Given the number of people working on the TV Engine, this is not a pressing issue despite its usefulness. I would imagine that the dev team will in time develop something similar for their own use.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    How can I try to compile this myself? I have a working system for downloading the source and building mp but have not tried to integrate custom branches and code from the main git code.

I am happy to build and host but need to know the first steps.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You need to download DJBlu's code from Github and then try to merge with the 1.6 master. I would imagine there will be conflicts which you'll have to sort out... I don't have the time at the moment to have a look unfortunately.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Is there a tutorial on doing that anywhere? I have VS2012 Pro on my works laptop, whilst I'm no coding genius (I only really deal with VB.NET and VBA) it would be nice to have a play :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I believe that tortoise git has a merge application as part of its default package. The easiest way is to download both branches from github and then compare the code, you should then be able to merge the 1.5 djblu code with the official 1.6 code with the differences highlighted. I'd imagine most of the code differences will be in TSWriter.ax along with the main Mp client codebase.

In terms of a guide I guess you should search Google for merging github code or something similar!

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom