Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Not sure why this plugin has not been incorporated into the standard release. This is one of the best features offered by MP and surely by incorporating this it would lessen the burden on DJB to maintain?

agreed.. this is a very basic feature that should be incorporated

Nothing wrong with the sentiment here ... but I think calling the feature 'basic' undervalues the complexity of the plugin, and the work undertaken to deliver and support it.

Fundamental might be a better way of putting it...

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    There are some reasons why the team haven't, however the main one is the TVE3 is on a feature freeze and most of the focus is on TVE3.5; Given the number of people working on the TV Engine, this is not a pressing issue despite its usefulness. I would imagine that the dev team will in time develop something similar for their own use.

Not sure I agree with you. DJBlu's code has been around for a long, long time...........surely there has been ample opportunity over the years (sic!) to have this done.
    For me it makes it frustrating to have to re-install and muck around with the entire thing every time a new release comes out..........and to the point where one starts to look elsewhere for MP alternatives without the hassle........or simply not bothering to upgrade ever!

If we all send a message to MP management perhaps? - https://www.team-mediaportal.com/contact-us-at-mediaportal

Ian.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks benoire will try to play over the weekend - I have built mediaportal a few times and used to compile xbmc back in the day for the xbox etc but have only really used diffs before when compiling things in Linux never used git so this will be something to have fun with... I assume the conflict handling will be similar - will let you know if I get this working :0)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Erm.... Where is the code for 1.5? The link on the first post looks to be for customdatagrabber.dll, and in the mediaportal 1 git I only see a branch for 1.3 and 1.4 not 1.5. Have I missed something or do I need to try to patch the 1.4 code into 1.6? Just wanted to check as I guess 1.4 will have lots more conflicts.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're right, I can't see it anywhere. DJBlu must have compiled on his own system.

@DJBlu any chance we can get the source code for 1.5 so we can merge with 1.6 as it's not on Github that we can see.

Chris

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'd be interested in getting a 1.6 version of this soon too, as I have a window of opportunity next week to do an upgrade / reinstall from 1.3 while the missus is away on business, and I won't get an earful about why the "telly box" is misbehaving while sorting out the inevitable glitches :)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    I tried to merge the 1.4 code with the latest master and had a couple of conflicts in tswriter.cpp that I fixed manually and the compile from the .bat worked but when running through nsis To make the installer I got some errors.

I am re-checking out incase I screwed something and will try again.

Can anyone else that has compiled this before check and let me know if the only conflicts should be in tswriter or if there are others and this has caused the issue and my checkout was incomplete for whatever reason.

Thanks

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I would expect more issues (not just conflicts) than just in TSWriter.

I will have to look at the code soon.

Anyone heard from DJBlu recently?

J.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately not, I was hoping that he might keep an eye in and update this every now and then... unfortunately without his plugin source code either, we are all a bit stumped should certain providers change their groupings etc. and I am in no way good enough to make a new plugin!

videogamingtown

Portal Member
    November 21, 2011
    I'm on mediaportal 1.5.0 and im using the sky uk grabber... but im missing most of the free channels... it downloads logos for them and everything it just doesnt pull any epg.. for anyone in the uk im talking about itv2,3,4 channel 4 bbc etc. does anyone have a workaround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom