Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber | Page 267

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by DJBlu, May 19, 2011.

1. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The cork, not really a answer but just sonething I have noticed. I have some schedules set to record which don't have the marker to show set for record a day or 2 before. But on the day and sometimes only minutes before it starts recording has the marker shown. I'm not sure when the server checks the EPG data for scheduled programs, maybe someone else can answer that? But I'm guessing until tvserver checks the EPG data for the program info it won't scheduled it.
    Hope that makes sense anyway.

Rich

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thecork

Thecork Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks rich i'll take a look at that too. Annoyingly some thing it just appears random. With Hollyoaks, it is on every night on e4 at 7pm, if i look at this weeks (I haven't yet but was like it last week), maybe 3 or 4 of the 5 are showing as red in the guide ready to record (but they are all showing in the list of scheduled episodes), not all 5, but all 5 will record no problem. Bloody weird lol.

4. AlunS

AlunS Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    I get the same thing on my system. The red 'blob' disappears both on the EPG and on the Scheduled Recordings list, but the episode records perfectly OK and the red blob makes a reappearance while recording. It worried me at first and I'd delete and recreate recording schedules just to make sure, but I've stopped worrying any more as it seems to work, red blob or not.

5. Thecork

Thecork Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Glad to know its not just me. Its more the wife nagging saying...are you sure you've set this crap program or that crap program to record, it doesn't say its recording...would be nice to know why it happens though. As you say though, they record no problem so you'd think she'd be happy :)

6. metropolis

metropolis Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Anyone any closer to compiling this plugin for 1.6.0? I would love to help out, but only have a bit of knowledge in python.
    We need to try and keep this plugin alive somehow.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrashUK

CrashUK Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Plugin is outstanding a lot of work has gone in to it over 3 years. Hope more people can work on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ay129

ay129 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    By the way, if anyone has the latest source for djBlu's plugin (including both SVN's), could you please post in the thread above so the devs can have a look?

cheers,
    ay129[DOUBLEPOST=1389214211][/DOUBLEPOST]
    My household is proud to not own a set top box - Mediaportal and the custom data grabber just totally boss our TV needs. If the intention really is for STB like functionality, it would be folly to throw away the work that djBlu has done on this in favour of reinventing the wheel

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Not quite, the developers are looking at a very robust approach to data grabbing and while this is damn good, the feedback I've had while promoting this is that it is very IO intensive during the channel scan and uses TSWriter in a way that wasn't intended and has the potential for issues. As I said, there are a small number of devs working on the engine and I believe that TVE3.5 is different to 3 anyway so the code may not be able to be used easily anyhow.

In summary, I'd imagine there is very little chance of this appearing in TVE3 and TVE3.5 may require a re-write of the code. Deosn't mean I won't stop asking MM and others as the principle is sound.

10. onelegend
    • Premium Supporter

onelegend MP Donator

Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Wasn't djblu already in the process of a rework, using epg collector to grab the guide/channel data and import via that

11. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    What do you mean in the process of a rework? As far as this thread goes, the custom data grabber can do what EPGcollector is able to but using the inbuilt grabber (which works well with TBS cards that do not allow 2 programs to share tuners).... I haven't seen anything from him recently that suggests that unless I've missed something...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!