Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (8 Viewers)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe I imagined it, can't find his post :)
    Thought he was looking in to using a plugin to import data from epg collector - I assume this shifts the code work out side of mediaportal, removing the necessity for him to continuously update his plugin with every release.

Anyway, just wait for djblu. He's probably busy with life/work/holiday, no need to panic :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    He might have been, he did that for the initial DVBviewer plugin he created but it would seem strange given that he is proficient with the coding... but anyway I don't think he is using this any more since Sky UK played with the cards stopped homebrew stuff.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    He said he was still going to use it minus movies/sports etc and that he would still support the plugin.

I'd just wait for him to reply/comment first as there seems to be panic posts that he has disappeared/dropped the plugin. These appear to crop up every time a media portal update is released :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah it goes to show how much people appreciate his work :)

I'm hoping he comes back as would love a fix to the multi-FTAs that I get on a channel scan.

Anyway, we can't compile without his 1.5 code anyway so we'll have to wait!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

Hi if you've got the time it would be great if you could update the Sky NZ plugin to deal with the current issue:

1) Update the plugin to not replicate the FTA channels carried on other muxes so that it doesn't end up with hundreds of additional identical channels;

It would also be fantastic if the plugin was able to automatically select channels based upon a channel range, i.e Sky NZ has a channel range of 0 - 503 currently but it doesn't add new channels that exist outside of that range. If I was able to specify a range of 0-900 for example then it would automatically tick those new channels above 503 without any further interaction. I guess this would also apply to other plugins too?

Many thanks,

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I am here and monitoring the thread.

I am quite busy at the moment with work and such(xmas). Also prepping for 6 months away from the UK. I'll upload a 1.6.0 version sometime tomorrow if I can.

@Benoire I'll take a look into the problems. Can you upload a more upto date ts grab of the sky data transponder please.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am here and monitoring the thread.

I am quite busy at the moment with work and such(xmas). Also prepping for 6 months away from the UK. I'll upload a 1.6.0 version sometime tomorrow if I can.

@Benoire I'll take a look into the problems. Can you upload a more upto date ts grab of the sky data transponder please.

Link to dump: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AABFBFAFB9BFA035!10059&authkey=!AGXkEsE4WN2d3AA&ithint=video,.ts

Are you also able to have a look and see if there is a new category for kids stuff as it appears to be missing from the previous stuff and I'm not sure if it wasn't picked up at that time.

Where abouts are you off to? Work stuff?

Again, thanks for this without it my tv use would be a lot harder!

Edit: Sorry, can you change the polarity to Horizontal as its defaulting to vertical in the settings.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I have a question. So since the Sky changes and with me only having a 2 way LNB on my dish, I now pipe one feed into MePo and the other into my Sky box (I still have a valid all channel subscription for Sports / Movies etc.)

I do have an aerial (and my card has dual DVBB and dual S2 tuners). As I now use Freesat effectively on MePo and Freeview has very similar channel line up, is the plugin capable of binding the channels together so you can still record something on one tuner and watch on another? I know you could do this in TV Server config, but to be honest I never really understood what I was doing and wondered if this was already active in the Data Grabber?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom