Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I no longer use this plugin (or Mediaportal for that matter) but would like to say thanks to @DJBlu for taking the time out to update it for you guys. I still keep up to date on the thread, as it's interesting to see how things are progressing :)
Just out of interest, what do you use now then?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I no longer use this plugin (or Mediaportal for that matter) but would like to say thanks to @DJBlu for taking the time out to update it for you guys. I still keep up to date on the thread, as it's interesting to see how things are progressing :)
    Just out of interest, what do you use now then?

I use a Youview box for live TV (well 2 boxes actually) and I use Mediabrowser 3 server and Mediabrowser Theater client along with 4 Roku boxes all running Mediabrowser channel. It's a nice setup for me and it works well for the kids :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I've got the ITVHD thing sorted, was just the wrong region selected. But it will not populate the channel groups correctly. Most are empty or barely populated. All the channels are automatically selected and in the 'All Channels' group, they just aren't being moved into Entertainment, Music, Lifestyle etc. Am I the only person experiencing this?

Thanks!

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Grouping seems fine to me

Scheduled grabbing isn't working for me though - can others confirm if it's the same for them?
    Will manually update the epg (just have to remember to do so :) )

The system does wake from sleep, just doesn't grab

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Grouping seems fine to me

Scheduled grabbing isn't working for me though - can others confirm if it's the same for them?
    Will manually update the epg (just have to remember to do so :) )

The system does wake from sleep, just doesn't grab
    It works if I set it to "every 24 hours" but if I specify a time to grab each day it doesn't work. This was the case with 1.5.0 too.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I had exactly this problem with the latest version of the grabber even with 1.4, and reverted to an older version to solve it. I'd hoped that the latest version of MePo together with the latest grabber would have solved this ... ah well.

colossus-x

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    On latest version for MP 1.6 I get 7 to 10 seconds for channel change when the throttling option is ticked. 1 to 2 seconds when unticked as normal. So I just turn it off.

Also when I tick the option to download logo's the grab behaves as it were unticked. In other words makes no difference. I backed up my logo's so I just put them back in the thumbs/tv folder.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I ended up deleting the TV database and it grouped all the channels fine after that. Very strange.

As far as downloading epg info. I have mine with all seven days individually tjcked and 17.30 selected (when I know the machine will be on) and I haven't ran out of epg data yet.
    In previous versions I was convinced it didn't wake the machine to grab as I would run out of data regular when it was set to 1am. Haven't even tried to see if it works now because whenever I mentioned it before I never got a response.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi guys...

As I'm running this custom version, I suppose I better ask here...

Does anyone have an issue with the sound being muted when coming out of awaymode?

It was working fine in 1.5, but in 1.6 its muted :(

@michael_t - Have you heard of any issues in the generic 1.6 version??
    J.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom