Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
1.9 had a bit of a modest launch yesterday - just a quick update that I seem to have the merge working OK. I've added a method that checks to see if the Sky Grabber columns exist, and adds them if they don't. This should make the installer a bit more universal, and add columns wherever they're required.

The installer includes the required DLLs and copies them to where they need to be.

I'm doing a bit of testing at the moment, will upload when I'm a bit more confident. I'll start a new thread.

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
October 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I wasn't aware of that particular gem! The one that catches me out on a multi-tuner setup is assigning the Sky UK Grabber radio channel to all the tuners you want the plugin to use, or you get no tuner available messages if one is in use.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the 'no tuner available' error. What is it you have to do to prevent it?[DOUBLEPOST=1412160415][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if you need any testers for 1.9, I'm here...

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
OK - in a situation where you have more than one tuner, and in the plugin tuner settings you have all tuners ticked to use. At least one tuner is in use, say recording something, but you know at least one tuner is free. You run the grabber and it exits with a no tuner available message.

This is likely to be because the 'Sky Grabber' radio channel is only assigned to one of your cards. Just like you do with TV channels, make sure that this radio channel is assigned to all cards. If it isn't, it will only work on the card that it is assigned to - and if that card is busy recording something, the plugin will not be able to run an update, despite there being other tuners free, and ticked in the plugin.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Have now tested 1.9 - worked when upgrading from a 1.8 install that didn't have the grabber columns (this is a good sign as there is no database upgrade between 1.8 and 1.9), worked as a clean install and finally, worked (with one small caveat - see below) on my live 1.8 with the grabber mod.

The only thing that was weird, and having read the release notes I think this is completely independent of this plugin - was that my Titan settings were wiped out. Although just running the Titan editor and saving again seemed to get most of them back. All my MP settings remained intact, as did those on the server.

I've also had to modify the deploy tool slightly to allow upgrade from GIT versions - which most of us will require as we already have GIT versions installed.

I'll now create a new thread, add a bit of documentation and upload the installer.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ears you're a gem. Just getting back in to the groove after my holiday. Rebuilding my setup which will allow for me to start looking at the code again for the plug ins.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Jay,

Your reply made me laugh! It is MySQL - although I did a full clean install - yes, I'm impulsive like that. Didn't format though, but did uninstall all traces of MP, and eventually realised that TV Service was still running, so that was why MySQL wouldn't upgrade. All seems OK, the Sky EPG grabber is shown in the plugins, although there is no '+' sign in the tree to the left to allow me access to the settings. Is this the same on yours?

M
    Did you find out the issue here porky? I have upgraded from 1.6 to 1.9 and am also having the issue where no plugins show the + anymore. The grabber still seems to be working but I can't see the settings page anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom