Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
I'm a bit reluctant to hand it over as it will only work under specific circumstances. If people are using MSSQL, or the database name is different, or other things I can't think of, it could do more harm than good, and I don't want people to just grab the SQL and run it without having a good think about it.

I'm looking at the code now and hopefully will think of something that will just work for all installs from 1.9 onwards.

Edit - I'll probably start a (temporary) new thread from 1.9 onwards so we can keep the latest installer in post 1. We can always return to this one one DJBlu is available again.

rich76

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok ears understood was just a suggestion.

I think a new thread would be better too as to many files buried in this thread now just to make it even more confusing.

Good luck with the code

Rich

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hello

Does the plugin still work properly for you guys?
    I ran the plugin last night and it doesn't populate the EPG with programme data anymore (it's been running nicely for months).

I ran the 1.8 upgrade a few pages back and still the same issue - I'll try dropping the database if someone can reply if it is still working for them :)

Many thanks

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    It looks normal in the dialog, titles, summaries etc, logo grab, the updating epg, this may take 15 mins part shows for about 6 seconds though before saying update complete

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Try grabbing twice. Start the second grab as soon as the first says it is finished, even if you think it worked or not...

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Ah the clicking a second grab straight after appears to have sorted it.

The first run at updating epg it said complete after a few seconds. The second run actually said updating channel x and counted through

Hopefully it stays updating ok now

Thanks [emoji4]

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    No problemo, glad you got it sorted. The double-grab has never failed me!

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I wasn't aware of that particular gem! The one that catches me out on a multi-tuner setup is assigning the Sky UK Grabber radio channel to all the tuners you want the plugin to use, or you get no tuner available messages if one is in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom