Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

The GF was out today so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade the server and clients to 1.8 from a mix of 1.5 and 1.6.

Well, I started at 10:30 and I have got no further than the server so far. Now, I am having issues with the SQL update for 1.7.1. It keeps throwing up a "Start Service Exception" dialogue box. o_O I should have done a full format and clean install I think, would have taken less time.

Any ideas before I hit the "format" button?

Cheers,

M.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I tried a similar exercise a week or so ago, server and client upgrades. In the end I rebuilt one client (W7 --> W8), did a fresh MePo install on two clients and upgrade on the server (I use MS SQL). I still have some tidying up to do on 2 clients - But luckily its just me and no GF/wifey.

Is it MySQL or MSSQL?

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

Your reply made me laugh! It is MySQL - although I did a full clean install - yes, I'm impulsive like that. Didn't format though, but did uninstall all traces of MP, and eventually realised that TV Service was still running, so that was why MySQL wouldn't upgrade. All seems OK, the Sky EPG grabber is shown in the plugins, although there is no '+' sign in the tree to the left to allow me access to the settings. Is this the same on yours?

M

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I have a + and can access the settings ok.

Which installer did you use? Have you got the DLLs in the plugin folder?

Logs might help ;)

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

I used the installer for 1.8 a couple of pages back. The .dll's seem to be in the correct places. The EPG is fully populated, so I don't know if it has picked up the previous settings before the upgrade and is using them. I'll give it a couple of days and see what happens.

jonnys123

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Hi how has this gone for you? I was contemplating an upgrade to 1.8 as i'm still on 1.5 due to the fact I kept getting menu problems with 1.6 & 1.7 but that seemed to be fixed in 1.8 when I set up a friends htpc the other day. no TV on there so i could experiment with this.

I've grabbed the installer that places the dlls in the right places but my question is this, can I upgrade my clients while I still keep 1.5 tv server for a few days until I have time to upgrade that?

Everything I've got works except for fanart handler and last fm which Id like to sort with the upgrade to 1.8

Cheers
    Jonny

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I ran the file from post 3024 and I'm getting this when I run the scanner.

upload_2014-9-27_23-16-50.png

It was a fresh install.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Attachments

• grab_error.PNG
      grab_error.PNG
      6.6 KB

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Hi,

For whatever reason, the installer hasn't created the SQL columns you need. Without significant modificaiton of the original code, this isn't an easy thing to manage, with all the different versions around. Are you sure you hadn't installed MP from a standard version beforehand?

Anyway it's fixable. How comfortable would you be running a couple of lines of SQL against the database if I sent them to you?

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    I thought it might be something like that. I'm pretty sure I used your installer but as you say there are a lot of versions flying around now...:)

Yah I'm cool with running the code. I'd appreciate the help, and so would my very patient SO!

Cheers ears!

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Ears,

Can you post the fix rather than sending private messages. I'm sure other will have the same issue and saves lots of the same questions being asked time and time again. As I recently done a fresh install and only used your installer and got the same results. I fixed it by installing 1.7.1 first then your installer but surely 1 install and a small fix afterwards would be easier?

Maybe even post the fix on the same page as your installer file.

Just a suggestion :)

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom