Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've tested the sky italy grabber. All channels seems to be imported but the problem is many of them are not correctly sorted or inserted in the correct group.

For instance MAN-GA , Sky Sport 3 HD, cinema max HD and many others. Let me know if you need logs.

Thanks

Fixed, New file on first post.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tested the sky italy grabber. All channels seems to be imported but the problem is many of them are not correctly sorted or inserted in the correct group.

For instance MAN-GA , Sky Sport 3 HD, cinema max HD and many others. Let me know if you need logs.

Thanks

Can I ask this,

In Italy are you able to connect your Sky Digi box to DTT also? I am getting a few channels that do not have Tuning details and I beleive it is because they are DVB-T channels.

Yes there is an option to tune DVB-T channel using a hardware key inserted in the sky box.

As for the region I selected region 1 (don't know what this regions are infact).

Roby

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Thanks

Can I ask this,

In Italy are you able to connect your Sky Digi box to DTT also? I am getting a few channels that do not have Tuning details and I beleive it is because they are DVB-T channels.

Yes there is an option to tune DVB-T channel using a hardware key inserted in the sky box.

As for the region I selected region 1 (don't know what this regions are infact).

Roby

That would explain it then,

Sky transmits tuning details for channels that are broadcast over DTT.

I have set the Regions to what is available.

It is a little trial and error with Sky Italia at the moment.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu all working well here too.

Any chance of adding into the program description the HD, DD, S, SL tags like you get on the Sky guide? Would make it easier to tell which programs are in HD using the new HD pin in 1.2beta

Cheers

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Any chance of adding into the program description the HD, DD, S, SL tags like you get on the Sky guide? Would make it easier to tell which programs are in HD using the new HD pin in 1.2beta

Cheers

I don't know what you mean by HD pin m8?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

Cheers

In 1.2 you can set in mediaportal.XML a string for it to look for in the programme description such as [HD] and it will add a HD logo to the programme in the title in the guide, like the recording pin shows next to the title if you set it to record.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Cheers

In 1.2 you can set in mediaportal.XML a string for it to look for in the programme description such as [HD] and it will add a HD logo to the programme in the title in the guide, like the recording pin shows next to the title if you set it to record.

Righto,

I think I know where these flags are, It will take a little trial and error to find out which are which but I'm sure I can add it later on.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tested the new version and now sky italy maps all channel in the correct order. The only problem is that some channels are not applied to groups (like Discovery Real). But this is a minor problem...

Thanks again

Edit: sorry there is one more problem: HD channels are configured with the wrong modulation (16 QAM) where is should be 8psk (or at least not defined also work).

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi one more question: is the patch included in first post the only one needed to compile an SVN that works with this plugin?

Thanks
    Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom