Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (8 Viewers)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have you installed the VC_x86 and VC_64 files as Administrator. What database are you using?

Also have you tried changing your Server from the Server Name to your local IP address in gentle.config.

I am using mysql 5.6. And yes I have reinstalled the VC redistribute files as administrator.

Changing the sever name didn't help - i am running a single-seat setup if that helps.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country

Attachments

• RebootRequiredFix.zip
    567 bytes

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
If this doesn't work then try the following.

Completely remove MediaPortal I mean the Complete removal.
Now uninstall MySql and all programs associated with it.

Now head on over to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file.php?id=451576

You will have to register to download the file.

Install MySql 5.6

Now install MediaPortal 1.6.
Now install the svn version.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

I've got my virtual machine setup now with a tuner so can start to play with your plugin code :)

Sorry for semi wall of text upcoming :)

A couple of questions if I may, firstly what where you using to find the titles/channels in the carousel? I note a lot of Dims created from various points in the buffer which I think relate to the encoded data and I'm curious as the UK source is more refined the NZ refactored one in that the NZ one uses a lot of num1, num2 etc where by the UK source uses things like section_number as buf(6).

Secondly, I'm rebuilding the NZ one on the UK source as it appears neater than the current NZ one (unless disassembling it screws with the dims etc) and in the NZ one there is a num12 and 13 relating to various buffer points that appear to create a new set of channel ids and event ids (chanelid2 and eventid2), do you recall anything about the NZ plugin and why this difference exists? Was it a way to deal with the [[xx]] that was before every program title such as '[[xx]]Formula 1' ?

Now a general question regarding Sky UK, was the provider for all channels Sky no matter if they where the FTA channels or not? In Nz, Optus D1 carries Sky and FTA channels and Sky carries the FTA channels in their NIT information but they're still classed as the FTA provider rather than Sky... I think this is why the plugin replicates the FTA channels on each scan and does add/delete on the Sky provided channels.

Any help would be great.

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    A couple of questions if I may, firstly what where you using to find the titles/channels in the carousel? I note a lot of Dims created from various points in the buffer which I think relate to the encoded data and I'm curious as the UK source is more refined the NZ refactored one in that the NZ one uses a lot of num1, num2 etc where by the UK source uses things like section_number as buf(6).

This is the issue with refactoring. It doesn't know the variable name so labels them num1 incrementing on each new variable.

They are the same as the UK one's though so you can label them the same.

Secondly, I'm rebuilding the NZ one on the UK source as it appears neater than the current NZ one (unless disassembling it screws with the dims etc) and in the NZ one there is a num12 and 13 relating to various buffer points that appear to create a new set of channel ids and event ids (chanelid2 and eventid2), do you recall anything about the NZ plugin and why this difference exists? Was it a way to deal with the [[xx]] that was before every program title such as '[[xx]]Formula 1' ?

There is no difference with the channel ids and event ids. I probably did the 2nd ones to compare against data already collected.

[[xx]] can be removed by using if string.startswith("[[") then use some code to look for the "]]". There is code in the NZ plugin and you should be able to find it if you look for ("[[").

Now a general question regarding Sky UK, was the provider for all channels Sky no matter if they where the FTA channels or not? In Nz, Optus D1 carries Sky and FTA channels and Sky carries the FTA channels in their NIT information but they're still classed as the FTA provider rather than Sky... I think this is why the plugin replicates the FTA channels on each scan and does add/delete on the Sky provided channels.

I can't remember if they are all labelled as Sky because it was irrelevant for grouping as the search for channels is done with the Bouquet Allocation Table.

There is a bug in the plugin that adds FTA channels in the uk and I can't remember what it was. I think if the channel exists in the channel table but no tuning detail exists. I think I added a check which stopped it but didn't add it to the NZ plugin.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah yes, I saw that later on and wondered if the [[ was related to the removal of them from the titles, I just originally thought that the NZ stream data had been built differently and required a different offset in the buffer. I'll sort this out and then try to bring in the latest UK changes you made and do the same for the UK source, at least that way they have been rebuilt to how you had finished with them before I start to make some other changes to the NZ code to bring in the box office program information.

Anyway, thanks for the help! Without these plugins and your code I wouldn't be using TVE3 so massive kudos!

Chris

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    might be worth waiting, looks like a 1.7.1 release may be on it's way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom