Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
I've seen the first issue you mentioned on my system too although strangely it seems to be working at the moment. I've found at times that onlly the 'update every xx hours' scheduler actually works. I'm afraid I don't have time to look any deeper into it at the moment.

I get this issue too. I'd be happy to take a look at the code to see if I can replicate and fix the issue under my environment. Is the plugin code that hosts the scheduling feature publicly available?

Trciky1024

Portal Member
December 12, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a very odd issue happening on a clean install, grabber works as expected and grabs all channels, created all groups with no errors.
but it does not place any channels in the lifestyle and culture group.?

I have tried deleting all channels and groups and starting again but same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? as I say NO errors.

Could it be that the group has an "&" in the name? the computer is a windows 2012 r2 server (AKA windows 8.1).

Last edited:

qvindesland

Portal Member
February 23, 2008
Hi All

Apologies for the n00b questions, I have a MP 1.9 server with a MP 1.9 client, so my understanding is that I need to replace the MP server with this and add the plugins, is that correct? or could I continue running the existing 1,9 and just add the plugins?

Last question, I am moving everything to one box both client and server but can I then install this server version and run the latest MP client?

Regards
Per

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi qvindesland,

You must use both client and tvserver from this release to make it work, so simply run the installer and it will overwrite the installed versions then enable the plugin you require.

If you update any component with an official release you will break functionality. This is because both tvserver and the client are patched with custom code to make it work as it does. 1.10 is not far off and an update will be released once it has been released.

Regards,

Chris

qvindesland

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Hi

Many thanks for the answer.

I got it working do I do see the plugin download the EPG but there is no EPG information when I view any channels, is there anything that I need to do on the client side also? one added info I decided to run everything on one machine instead of 2 different machines since I redid everything today.

Regards
    Per

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Because it is easier to describe visually, can you please take snapshots of the various TVServer plugins config screen for the uk(?) grabber? It's important to have configured the main TVServer tuners section, unticked all the native EPG grabbing stuff and then setup the UK one right. If not the UK, make sure it is the right country version for you. We can then have a look at what it should be like.

Chris

qvindesland

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    A picture speaks a thousand words they say :)

Let me know if I have taken the wrong screen shots

I am in Ireland so almost correct :)

Attachments

• epg1.jpg
      epg1.jpg
      116.6 KB
    • epg2.jpg
      epg2.jpg
      121.5 KB
    • epg3.jpg
      epg3.jpg
      94.7 KB