Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thanks i decided to roll with 1.10 from the link you sent me. Go it up and running fine thanks to the guide posted up there but just had a couple of daft questions:

1) Is there no series/episode numbers in the epg data for freesat channels? (BBC one, two, ITV etc..)
2) What is this series link i hear so much about? Can i use it in MP with freesat? I dont have a seperate freesat PVR or anything....

Regards

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
They're just beginner questions, can't expect someone from deepest darkest Peru to know the answers.

1 - no, I don't think so, either in Sky or Freesat EPG
2 - It means if you record s programme that's part of a series, you can tell MP to record that epsiode and the rest of the series. If you go into the MP config tool then TV/Radio there's a 'Quick Record' tab. Go there, make sure 'use quick record' is ticked then in 'include schedule types' tick 'Series Link' and any others you want to use.

Then in MP when in the TV guide you can use the record button ('r' on the keyboard or record on your remote) and it will bring up the quick record menu. Series link should be there for programmes that are part of a series (it won't be there for one off stuff like films).

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
No problem.

As for the Freesat. I'm not sure other than creating your own group.Might be worth asking the OP in the other thread as it could be swapped for the Lifestyle group as that one isn't used now.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have been running 1.8 for sometime now (in fact I have been using the Sky grabber since about 2010 and it has been faultless) and this week it has failed to update the EPG. I have been doing it manually and when I press the "Grab Now" Button, I get the following:-

Sky Channel and EPG grabber initialised
    Huffman Loaded
    Grabbing Data
    Grabber set to grab 100 seconds of data
    Error Occurred:-NoSignalDetected

I know I am getting a signal through as I can view the card (A TBS Quad DVB-S/S2) - I have tried a reinstall of 1.8, but still no joy. Have the tuning details changed?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions as I am now getting grief from the other half for the blank EPG.

TV Server logs attached. Had a look but can't see much relating to the Sky Grabber.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Tried dropping the mptvdb database in MySQL and rescanning. Now getting the error message of "AllCardsBusy", instead of "NoSignalDetected" - odd - I can still view the channels on the Sat Card.

Last edited:

jodesi

Portal Member
    April 12, 2012
    England
    Home Country
    England England
    When you say reinstalled, which parts?

I've had some odd issues over the years and if anything goes wrong now I delete the lot and start over unless it's an easy fix.

Uninstall MP (Full)
    Uninstall MySQL (A bad DB can cause some odd issues)
    Go into Program data and delete anything relating to MP or MySQL
    Same for program files and your user profile.

I have a fairly big library and use MPExtended/WebMediaportal, usually a couple of hours has it back up from scratch.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just reinstalled 1.8, both TV Server and Client. Not that I use the client to watch anything as I access the server via RDC. The client part is used by MPExtended.

I was just trying to avoid deleting the lot and reinstalling. I suppose it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to the most recent version, but I'm short of time this this week, so was hoping for an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom