Custom Data Grabber with Sky EPG Grabber for 1.16 onwards (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attached is a custom build of MediaPortal 1.18 (branch) that supports @DJBlu's Custom Data Grabber and Sky channel/EPG grabber. For the background and more information see the original thread (and this subsequent thread).

I have also attached an updated version of the Custom Data Grabber and Sky UK EPG Grabber, the source code for these is available here

NOTE:
    This is an unofficial build and as such you should not expect any official support from the team!

Installation:

1. Download and extract MediaPortalSetup_1.18_CustomDataGrabber.zip, and run the installer to install MediaPortal,
    2. Download, extract and copy Custom Data Grabber.dll to the base TV Server directory (usually 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server')
    3. Download, extract and copy SkyUK.dll to the TV Server plugins directory (usually 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins')
    4. Restart the TV Service
    This build should support upgrading from both an official MediaPortal install and a previous custom data grabber installation.
    Previous versions of the grabbers should also be supported and can be downloaded from the original thread here.

Attachments

• Custom Data Grabber.zip
      5.1 KB
    • SkyUK.zip
      43.5 KB
    Last edited:

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Fantastic news Brownard! Really appreciate you doing this for all of us custom data grabber users.Downloading now ready to install tomorrow all being well.Thanks

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Absolutely fantastic work Brownard. I am sure I and those above speak for everyone who is currently using other builds. Brilliant and thank you for the time and effort you put into this.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    How difficult is it to port this plugin into MePo 2.1?
    Not too difficult, I just need to iron out a few kinks but I have it basically working ;). The one limitation, to keep the changes minimal, is that Series Link recordings cannot be scheduled from the client, but as a plus this means that the custom version can be installed over a stock MP2 installation by just copying over a few modified dlls.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    The one limitation, to keep the changes minimal, is that Series Link recordings cannot be scheduled from the client, but as a plus this means that the custom version can be installed over a stock MP2 installation by just copying over a few modified dlls.

That's the one thing stopping us upgrading to MP2 that you can't use this plugin to do series links which is a shame as I use that feature quite a bit.

Last edited:

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I can probably get this working too, will just require a bit more work ;)

That would be fantastic if you could, even if initially you released an MP2.1 build without this functionality but with the custom data grabber so we could at least get things setup.

Rrally appreciate your efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom