Custom Data Grabber with Sky EPG Grabber for 1.16 onwards | Page 3

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by Brownard, May 6, 2017.

1. T.J

T.J Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    If you open the TV server setup programme, look under the plugins section and then select the grabber there is a button on the first tab that says "grab now" - this will do a manual update of the channels, logos and epg and whilst its doing it any channel changes etc are also shown.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @Brownard

Thanks for doing and more so converting the plugins to C#! I'm in the process of making your code work for New Zealand but I've hit a problem with the channel numbers in the code. I'm not sure if SkyNZ has changed something, but the original plugins' do not appear to scan the LCNs now as they used to and wondered whether as part of your code conversion you looked at the actual descriptors etc. that DJBlu used? EPGCollector does LCNs fine so its code appears to work but the early go at yours doesn't, although it does collect fine.

4. Brownard
    • Team MediaPortal

Brownard Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    No I didn't, I don't have much [any] knowledge of the underlying structure of the data, I did most of the conversion blind by just looking at the VB.net code and converting it :whistle:

5. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Heh I know your pain, I had to rebuild the code from the earlier sources to get the NZ one. I think the new structure is more effective in terms of splitting functions out, and it might be easier to use the descriptors from than counting from a fixed length that it appears to... I'm just trying to work out why the channel numbers won't show, apart from 2 of them... the rest all default to the 10000 that the code instructs if it can't extract the channel numbers.

6. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    I'm in a bit of a quandry. I'm going going to do a complete re-install of the TV server on my server, and the same for all the clients (it has been needed for some time TBH o_O ) and I have used various versions of the EPG grabber since 2009 or 2010 and rely on it completely for the EPG.

Do I take this opportunity to moved over to MP 2, or stick with MP 1.16? Any thoughts or views from you knowledgable lot?

M.

7. wonkyd
    • Team MediaPortal

wonkyd Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Afternoon,

Thanks for keeping this going @Brownard Any chance of a 1.17 release? (y)

I've noticed a bug in this version, with the Sky UK grabber on a clean install it's trying to use the Sky NZ details from 12519 instead of 11778.

The EPG grabber channel in the Radio Channels section is incorrect too.

Sky UK EPG Details are:
    Frequency: 11778000
    Polarisation: Vertical
    Symbol Rate: 27500
    Transport ID: 2004
    Service ID: 4152
    Network ID: 2
    PMT PID: 256
    Cheers!

8. DragonQ

DragonQ Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +74 / 2
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    AFAIK MP2 doesn't support Sky EPG. That's the only reason I'm still using MP1.

9. AlunS

AlunS Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm exactly the same. It's not so much the automatic retuning of channels when they move, and although it's handy to have, I can manage the occasional manual retune if required, but it's the series link functionality I can't do without.

Now, it's entirely possibly to build that functionality into standard MePo as the standards are well defined and the same data is available via other EPG sources than Sky such as the Freesat EPG but since many of the devs seem to live in countries where it isn't available they just don't understand how it works and how superior it is to their usual alternative of text matching programme titles.

10. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,196 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually, the standards for Sky's EPG format are proprietary, closed and not generally available. People have had to reverse-engineer the content/details.

Mmm, I can't speak for other devs, but I do understand exactly how it works and why it's attractive. From my perspective I suspect that you don't realise just how much effort is required to add support for it.

11. Adam86

Adam86 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Any chance of having a 1.18 version compiled?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!