Custom view help - Old Series Catchup

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by Uncle Woja, December 29, 2010.

1. Uncle Woja

Uncle Woja Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi

My wife and I are currently going through some old and new TV Series that we just haven't had time to watch till now. What we'd like is to have a view with specific series' in it ordered by airdate ascending and only listing unwatched episodes.

Would make it easier for us with series that aired simultaneously, like Buffy and Angel, so we don't get out of sync with the episodes.

Can anyone help?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,422 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Only way to do this would be to manually edit the view in the database, to start you will first need to create a custom view by tagging the series your interested in. Tagged Views can be created from the GUI or Configuration, your choice.

Then you need to edit the view definition for the tagged view created, something like this should do it:
    Code (Text):
    2. episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>
    Here I added Buffy and Angel to my Favourites view, and removed the Series view step so all I see is the episode listing with all the buffy and angel crossovers together. I also changed the sort order to use FirstAired date rather the episode index.

4. Uncle Woja

Uncle Woja Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for that. If I put the "<Episode.Watched>;=;0<;>" in as below, will that only display the unwatched episodes?
    Code (Text):
    2. episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<;><Episode.Watched>;=;0<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>
    And do you or anyone know if there are plans to make creating custom views a little more user friendly in the configuration?

5. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,422 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Almost, when adding extra conditions you need to use <cond> as a separator e.g.
    Code (Text):
    2. episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<cond><Episode.Watched>;=;0<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>
    Its possible that we may add a custom view creator in the future but don't hold your breath.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!