Custom view help - Old Series Catchup (1 Viewer)

Uncle Woja

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Hi

My wife and I are currently going through some old and new TV Series that we just haven't had time to watch till now. What we'd like is to have a view with specific series' in it ordered by airdate ascending and only listing unwatched episodes.

Would make it easier for us with series that aired simultaneously, like Buffy and Angel, so we don't get out of sync with the episodes.

Can anyone help?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Only way to do this would be to manually edit the view in the database, to start you will first need to create a custom view by tagging the series your interested in. Tagged Views can be created from the GUI or Configuration, your choice.

Then you need to edit the view definition for the tagged view created, something like this should do it:
    Code:
    episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>
    Here I added Buffy and Angel to my Favourites view, and removed the Series view step so all I see is the episode listing with all the buffy and angel crossovers together. I also changed the sort order to use FirstAired date rather the episode index.

Uncle Woja

Portal Member
    October 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for that. If I put the "<Episode.Watched>;=;0<;>" in as below, will that only display the unwatched episodes?
    Code:
    episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<;><Episode.Watched>;=;0<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>

And do you or anyone know if there are plans to make creating custom views a little more user friendly in the configuration?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Almost, when adding extra conditions you need to use <cond> as a separator e.g.
    Code:
    episode<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Favourites|%<cond><Episode.Watched>;=;0<;><Episode.FirstAired>;asc<;>
    Its possible that we may add a custom view creator in the future but don't hold your breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom