Cyberlink PowerCinema Remote Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

A Frater

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Brisbane,Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Having troble with 1.0

Hi
I cant get the up/down/right/left buttons and OK to work with 1.0 had worked before no problems

I Have got working know used the configuration and mapped the buttons to the remote added some more finally got this remote to work with Mediaportal and with version 1.0 this has been the most stable release ever for me no crashing freezing etc. a Job well done for the developers :D
Brilliant

jimwin

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
England England
Hi, just tried this plugin, and I've found the same thing as A Frater above. No direction keys with the plugin enabled. I first tried it with the generic HID remote enabled (that's how I've been using it until now) and none of extra keys worked with the cyberlink plugin enabled too. When I turned off the generic HID, the extra keys work, but no direction keys!

I've played with the auto hot keys app before, so I was wondering how you've managed to find the extra buttons from the remote in it, and do you have a list of them?

eeuwe

January 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok this is my first post so hello everyone and thanks to mediaportal for an outstanding product!!

I have been using mediaportal for a few months and decided it was time I got a remote, I got a cheap cyberlink remote from ebay and found it didnt work, I found this plugin CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip and all the buttons on remote worked perfectly!! even ones i didnt expect to work like pressing 'live tv' took me to tv, vid took me to my vids etc.. then i got curious to skins and came accross streamedmp which i have to say is GREAT to look at and the tvseries feauture is AWSOME!!!! GENIUS!!! anyway when i downloaded streamedmp it wouldnt install saying it works on rc3 onwards. Not knowing I didnt have latest update i searched and downloaded the latest rc4!!! before even trying it out (i have learned from this so no need to point out my stupidity) I installed the remote plugin and streamedmp! then mediaportal took alot longer than usual to load and the keyboard stopped working and was only able to use the mouse which was terrible news! I searched forums and it seemed common but people were saying it was the tv series feauture.. to cut a long story short, I uninstalled streamedmp and the problem was same, i deleted remote files and problem was solved!! so i cannot use the remote with the CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip files as i did on rc1 (or 2 cant remember) and cant find anyone with same problem!! I have downloaded a keyboard mapper and was wondering if there was a way of blending the 2 together.. I mean in the CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip there should be a file with all the buttons and mappings i need for my remote right? so was thinking can I point the keyboard mapper to that file so it uses the already mapped buttons? hope i'm making sense here!! on the site i got CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip from it says tested on rc2 so maybe the person that made it can update it for rc4 or tell me if there should be anything i'm doing wrong.. I have done the exact same setup as it says on the instructions and it worked in my previous version! it was amazing and i want it to continue!! sorry for the rant and i hope this can be understood and help anyone and everyone that has the same issue!:eek:
Hey Spongedoor. I have the same problem. I also bought a cheap Cyberlink remote on ebay, this one: (
4a97_1.JPG
. Is it the same one???

And i also have the same problems. Before installing the plugin the remote worked with some buttons.. And now my the remote doesnt work and my keyboard neither.

If you come up with something, please let me know... in the meanwhile I will also search for a solution.

pabloz

December 21, 2008
Ok this is my first post so hello everyone and thanks to mediaportal for an outstanding product!!

I have been using mediaportal for a few months and decided it was time I got a remote, I got a cheap cyberlink remote from ebay and found it didnt work, I found this plugin CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip and all the buttons on remote worked perfectly!! even ones i didnt expect to work like pressing 'live tv' took me to tv, vid took me to my vids etc.. then i got curious to skins and came accross streamedmp which i have to say is GREAT to look at and the tvseries feauture is AWSOME!!!! GENIUS!!! anyway when i downloaded streamedmp it wouldnt install saying it works on rc3 onwards. Not knowing I didnt have latest update i searched and downloaded the latest rc4!!! before even trying it out (i have learned from this so no need to point out my stupidity) I installed the remote plugin and streamedmp! then mediaportal took alot longer than usual to load and the keyboard stopped working and was only able to use the mouse which was terrible news! I searched forums and it seemed common but people were saying it was the tv series feauture.. to cut a long story short, I uninstalled streamedmp and the problem was same, i deleted remote files and problem was solved!! so i cannot use the remote with the CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip files as i did on rc1 (or 2 cant remember) and cant find anyone with same problem!! I have downloaded a keyboard mapper and was wondering if there was a way of blending the 2 together.. I mean in the CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip there should be a file with all the buttons and mappings i need for my remote right? so was thinking can I point the keyboard mapper to that file so it uses the already mapped buttons? hope i'm making sense here!! on the site i got CyberlinkPCMRemotePlugin_1.0.0.zip from it says tested on rc2 so maybe the person that made it can update it for rc4 or tell me if there should be anything i'm doing wrong.. I have done the exact same setup as it says on the instructions and it worked in my previous version! it was amazing and i want it to continue!! sorry for the rant and i hope this can be understood and help anyone and everyone that has the same issue!:eek:
Hi,

I have got the same problem as you. I wonder is there any contact to author of this great plugin? Maybe he could debug mentioned issue and fix it? I think that this will be only small patch.

Best Regards Pawel

eeuwe

January 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For everybody who has the same remote control as I have:

There is a way to get the remote to work without any plugins. In Mediaportal config you use the Sceneo configuration. The most buttons will work. The stop button didn't work, but I used the mapping config to use record as stop button. And also i found a way to use some more buttons.

This makes it the cheapest media centre !!! A remote control that i bought on ebay for 5 dollar(including 4 dollar shipping costs) and a free program! Ohhh what a wonderful world we are living in :D

goku683

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks very much for the plug-in is fantastic!!! I have only a problem for configure my cyberlink remote and mediaportal with autohotkey and let work the "Pause, Rewind Fastforward" as U say on the web site. My english is very bad and also if I had tried to read the guide I don't understand how to do it...
    Please can U help me for let work these tree keystorke?

chiliblue

May 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wanted to report that I am also having issue with the cursor buttons and the plugin. For the record this is Vista x64 and MP 1.0.1

Has anyone found a solution or a work around?

Well I have been able to get the cursor keys working using the config but I am stuck with the problem tha the power button no longer put the pc to sleep in mediaportal although it does in windows generally (xp pro sp3) there isn't the option to config that key in the config either, any ideas?

Uptownboy

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    I managed to get it working for 1.02 on my WinXP SP3. It should work on Vista and Windows 7 as well but I have not tried it (I debugged it briefly on Win7 but deployment was on a WinXP). The updated files are here.

Installation tips:

- ensure AutoHotKey is installed.
    - copy xml file in Files\InputDeviceMappings folder to its corresponding folder (MP user dir or program dir)
    - copy dll file in Files\plugins\process to its corresponding folder in MP program dir
    - copy ahk and dll files in Files\startup to anywhere you like and create a shortcut of CyberLinkRCEmul.ahk to the startup folder. You can then press the home button to launch MP.

Known issue:
    - Home button doesn't work in MP. I'll work on this when I get the time or you can try fixing it yourself. Probably just need to change the vkey code and mapping.

unitygain

Portal Member
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just used your update Uptownboy so thanks a million for that , got everything working now and finally managed to disable Vista MCE so now I can hit the home button without both starting .... you da man !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom