Vasek

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Liberec
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
CeskeNoviny fix

Hi,

finally I had some time to fix all issues with ceskenoviny grabber using full description from sublink page. It is not as it used to be, the program is only for 5 days now. Markiza is also great grabber, thanx for it. But I really like a lot of descriptions, and markiza does not i.e. Nova Cinema, so I did the fix.

The problem was, that there was bug in the MP code for parsing sublink pages. It always used default (iso-8859-1) encoding independent on the settings in the grabber. So Czech characters were unusable. See my post at:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webepg-136/bug-fix-error-non-default-sublink-encoding-47867/#post324227.

Problem is in Utils.dll. I compiled fixed version of this library for MP 1.0.0.RC3 and MP 0.2.3, other versions are untested and might not work well (even for checked versions different dlls are needed). See the mentioned post. If someone needs version for different MP version, please contact me.

Current version of the grabber is on the link also.

Vasek

mdz

September 28, 2007
Hey guys,

Is the markiza downloader still working?
I set up WebEPG do download the guide for all the channels that I have on my cable TV. When I run WebEPG it seems to be downloading something for about 5 minutes and when it finishes and I start mediaportal and go to the tv guide section, it says no data available and the guide is completely empty.
Any advice what could be going wrong?

I'm using MP 1.0 RC3 with internal MP TV capability, i tried both the original and patched Utils.dll with same effect.

Any suggestions?

Vasek

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Liberec
Home Country
Hi,

Fixed Utils have nothing to do with Markiza, they are only for grabbers connecting to sublink (different) pages for each program item, like ceskenoviny.cz with details from me. So this is not your problem.

I just tried the grabber and it works, so markiza site is OK. So please:
1) Start manually WebEPG.exe
2) then post webepg.log and epg.log from MediaPortal\Log directory. On Vista, it is in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\...

I can look at what is going on.

Vasek

stanik

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Hi, ceskenoviny change website for program and added more tv channels. Vasku can you update your grabber?
Thats will be great :)

mdz

September 28, 2007
Hey Vasek,

So I figured out what the problem was. In fact webEPG was downloading everything correctly and also creating the TVGuide.xml, but the location of the file changed since the previous version that I had installed. Previously it used to be in Program files\Team media portal\media portal\xmltv\, which was also configured in my MP settings.
I changed the configuration to point to Documents and settings\all users\app data\team MP\MP\xmltv and now it works.

The only problem now is that I'm not getting EPG data for TV Markiza.
webepg creates the error.log file which says the following:
2008-11-14 08:57:37.843750 [ERROR][WebEPG-xmltv]: WebEPG: ChannelId: Markiza@markiza.sk grabber error

I'm going to have a look at it over the weekend, but if you know a quick fix that could help out with this error I won't get mad if you post it :)

Thanks.

Martin

Vasek

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Liberec
Home Country
Great, Martin, that you found it out.

Do all other programs go well? The problem of WebEPG is, that everything is "grabber error" and you are unable to find exactly what the hack it is.
If all other programs go well, there is probably only some mistake in channelId. I cannot say, I am on SkyLink and I have no Markiza channel.
If all other programs fail also, it would be harder.

In these cases I use WebEPG-designer (can be downloaded from MP-site, just make search). I fill all controls according to tested channel and see - sometimes even the page does not load (I suppose it will be you case if only Markiza makes problems), or no items are found (then typically all programs fail).

Good luck!
Vasek

mdz

September 28, 2007
Now everything is working fine, including TV markiza. It must have been a problem with the site before, or something else. The important thing is that everything works the way it's supposed to :)

Thanks for the help. :)

yogeen

November 19, 2008
Home Country
Hello guys,
I was wandering if anyone have the same issue. I'm trying to get WebEPG working with ceskenoviny grabber. Everything works fine just that all programs are always duplicated into all other channels. I'm currently trying to get only CT1, CT2, Nova and Prima and when for example there is a program "X" on channel 1, this program would be copied in all other channels as well. So the TVguide.xml contains four times the case program "A" but for each channel.
Anyone have the same problem?
I could not find anything similar on the forum yet.
Thanks

Vasek

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Liberec
Home Country
Hi,

problem is deep. CeskeNoviny now use cookies to store chosen channels. And this is not supported by WebEPG. I have an idea for patch, but not time to do it now. Please use markiza some time...

Vasek

yogeen

November 19, 2008
Home Country
I was thinking it may be something with the cookies. A pitty :(
However markiza works fine for me. Thanks a lot for advice. :D I did not realized markiza is also for Czech channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom