[fixed] Daemon not UNMOUNTing DVD .iso file (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0.0 Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Win 7 32-bit Premium
    CPU Type: AMD 435 unlocked & OC'd to 14.5 x 240 = 3.48 GHz
    HDD: Kingston 64GB SSD System + 4 (WD20EARS) 2-TB for files
    Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX
    Video Card: Gigabyte HD4550 512MB DDR3
    Video Card Driver: CCC 10.12
    Sound Card: On-board RealTek 889A
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF via ATi HDMI Audio & HD4550
    Sound Card Driver: ATI HDMI & MicroSoft for optical SPDIF
    1. TV Card: ATi HDTV-Wonder
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC/NTSC + A/V
    1. TV Card Driver: Win-7 located/installed
    2. TV Card: AVerMedia A188C (open) White Box
    2. TV Card Type: ATSC (dual tuner on PCI-e X1)
    2. TV Card Driver: Win7 located/installed
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600 (includes Remote Control)
    3. TV Card Type: ATSC (dual tuner on PCI-e X1)
    3. TV Card Driver: Win-7 located/installed (IR.exe from Hauppauge)
    4. TV Card: ATi 650 Combo USB
    4. TV Card Type: ATSC/NTSC + A/V
    4. TV Card Driver: Win7 located/installed
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD10, DTV M$, MPC-VideoDec
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SPDIF via SPDIFer (an AC3Filter product)
    h.264 Video Codec: MPCVideoDec
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec P180 Mini
    Cooling: Scythe 92mm "KATANA3"
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 500W
    Remote: Hauppauge 45-key
    TV: Sony VPL-AW15
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI 1280x720

My MP client is crashing when I STOP playing a mounted DVD .iso file! YES, it is crashing! The logs don't help diagnose aside from seeing the log entry of the unmount command at the end of the log. Since I play .iso, .mkv and .avi files it wasn't apparent that I'm having an issue w/Daemon Tools until last night. I looked in the log and found several odd things:

1) there's a line saying it can find MediaInfo in the MP root directory yet I have version 0.7.35 in the Program File MediaPortal (not Server) folder.... and there are mediainfowrapper entries indicating MP is using MediaInfo 0.7.36BETA ???

2) I am NOT having this issue on my Win XP Client eventhough the same messages (No. 1 above) appear in its logs

3) I can play a .ts (MPEG-2) file just fine using PDVD10 yet MP can't use PDVD10 for playing a DVD - it unloads PDVD10 and uses the M$ DTV-Video codec... maybe related to not confirming the content via MediaInfo or something in the DVD-Player...

4) As I said: when you try to STOP it attempts to UNMOUNT Daemon but doesn't complete and it simply crashes. Daemon Tools still lists the mounted file. Subsequent use of MP will allow a MOUNT and play but STOP will still crash.

I uninstalled Daemon, rebooted and loaded it again without any change in behavior. It seems to be an issue w/Daemon and I'm embassassed to say that I don't know whether this is something new in the 1.2.0Beta that I've not seen (under Win 7 32-bit) or if something in my system (or a setting) has gotten corrupted. As I said, my other system on WinXP 32-bit is running just fine on 1.2.0Beta and unmounts just fine

I'll attach logs when I get home but wanted to ask if anyone has had issue STOPping a mounted DVD on a Win 7 32-bit Client?

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just experienced the same thing. I stopped using PDVD10 for my MPEG2 codec (I'm using ffdshow) and the problem went away.

I noticed Win7 showed an error message indicating "MediaPortal has stopped working" with the following details:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.7.0
    Application Timestamp: 4dac988d
    Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17617
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4dce1ef5
    Exception Offset: 000a9bbb
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I'm stumped why your changing the codec would have effected the unmount. While you say this got yours to not crash, I wonder if there was some other effect happening... is this reproducible, got logs?

Attached are a set of logs showing as I've described above... you'll see the reference to what I'd stated above:
    2011-07-17 21:24:39.553095 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: unable to call external DLL - mediainfo (make sure 'MediaInfo.dll' is located in MP root dir.) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2011-07-17 21:24:41.734220 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: DLL Version : MediaInfoLib - v0.7.36BETA

2011-07-17 21:24:55.648016 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Start process DTLite.exe -unmount 0
    The BEST to come of this is there's something odd in the code that is looking for MediaInfo.dll in the root directory and posting a "[Info]" entry in the log yet is using another (0.7.36BETA) version from a separate .dll or embedded in the code.

I expect this is a simply issue with one of my settings more so than a real code issue - but not knowing when it began (with what version) leaves me not really able to say.

One other observation: on my WinXP the version of Daemon-Tools is called by daemon.exe while on Win-7 it's DTLite.exe

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Whole IMG mounting/playing process is not so good especially if AnyDVD is used. While working with Sebastiii for BD support we stumble on many problems (not related only to BD but for all IMG videos) including mounting/unmounting, mediainfowrapper media detection (log text is just generic and just confuse, usually it's related to detection of IMG file as media file and it throws error txt like dll is missing), playlist.....

We fixed many things but that will need to wait 1.3.0 because it's huge and still in progress.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I'm glad I wrote this thread then... it seems what you're saying is there IS an issue with Virtual Drives in the 1.2.0BETA version, right? I'm not running any BR, just DVD .iso files which had been working fine in earlier versions and still works correctly under 1.2.0BETA on my WinXP 32-bit Client. Is this issue (you guys are working on) limited to the 1.2.0BETA ? Any idea why it still works for XP but crashes Win-7 32-bit? I'm glad to see the team moving toward BR compatability although it's concerning that DVD mounting/unmounting got broken in the process...

Does the 1.1.3 Released version have this issue or just the 1.2.0BETA? I'd hate to think that folks trying MediaPortal for the first time would have issue using Daemon to play their DVDs with so many other applications around...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Somehow when read your post, i have seen the same issue and didn't find what cause it, when debugging, it was related to unmount volume but related to process code for MP to wait unmount/mount procedure from external tool (here Virtual Clone Drive). Even with this new BD work.

It happen and didn't find how and why exactly, i have try to find with no luck, like my installation was old (with a lot of soft etc.) i decide to reinstall Windows7 to my x64 version.

Maybe somes hints :
    Windows 7 32Bits.
    I have updated my anydvd version but not reboot directly.
    Updated Windows Update.
    I'm using Microsoft Essential Antivirus.
    And the problem start.

So i'm not sure it was related to 1.2.0Beta, but it appear after above hints.
    Now all is worked nice and even better with the work from Deda :)

Didn't remember is i have try to change codec but maybe something goes wrong in it and trigger a crash on process code.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    Here's my MP log when MP crashes using PDVD10. I don't think it reveals anything helpful, though.

Doug

...one more thing...I first noticed this after a Windows Update that occurred last Tuesday. I didn't think anything of it until Sebastiii wrote it as a hint above.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Doug :)

It happen to me Tuesday/wednesday too. But it's strange that now i didn't get it even i have made all update.
    I'm going to retest with PDVD Codec, what antivirus do you have ?
    So avoid PDVD Codec and the issue is solve (really strange :) ).
    Thanks.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm glad I wrote this thread then... it seems what you're saying is there IS an issue with Virtual Drives in the 1.2.0BETA version, right? I'm not running any BR, just DVD .iso files which had been working fine in earlier versions and still works correctly under 1.2.0BETA on my WinXP 32-bit Client. Is this issue (you guys are working on) limited to the 1.2.0BETA ? Any idea why it still works for XP but crashes Win-7 32-bit? I'm glad to see the team moving toward BR compatability although it's concerning that DVD mounting/unmounting got broken in the process...

Does the 1.1.3 Released version have this issue or just the 1.2.0BETA? I'd hate to think that folks trying MediaPortal for the first time would have issue using Daemon to play their DVDs with so many other applications around...

This rework is for 1.3.0 and it's not in SVN repository or published. Bugs in 1.2.0B are probably in 1.1.x versions.
    BluRay part is not full support for BR, it just gives MP possibility that it handles BluRay folder rips and ISO rips just like DVDs, but for better support it needs internal BR player or external plugin like BDHandler.

Concerning DVDs, I personally use win7 shipped MS DTV/DVD codecs for them and do not have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom