[fixed] Daemon not UNMOUNTing DVD .iso file (1 Viewer)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
Having the same issue as Dino2008. I have been struggling with this since the updates in July, but nothing is working for me. This error always happens whether I am using the Video player included with MePo, or if I am using Moving Pictures. I also get an error in my logs about MediaInfoWrapper. I have uninstalled the Windows Updates listed and uninstalled Daemon Tools and Virtual Clone Drive. I have tried reinstalling VCD and Daemon Tools separately since then and the problem isn't fixed. I have also tried a new version of MediaInfo.dll as this was the problem for some, but it too didn't work for me. Is anyone else still having this problem? If so, please help! It is really frustrating for Media Portal to crash every time I press stop while watching a .iso movie.

Nick

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This dll is for MP1.2RC for testing. There were some missing attributes how process was called and that is why unmounting did not work. This is not final fix but should work ok.

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1.1 MB

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So you're saying the team IS working on this issue? I had uninstalled the KBs mentioned earlier with success - after unloading them Daemon-Tools began working again... well, actually it was an older version of D-T that works. I'm tempted to reinstall the KBs and give your dll a shot.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If there is some parameter changes due to newer DT that is not included. So VCD and not the latest DT should work. I have no idea what version it might be though as VCD is good here.

nswellman

Portal Member
    February 6, 2011
    Manfred -
    Thank you for the core.dll. I had to uninstall Daemon Tools Lite, and switch back to Virtual Clone Drive (Though oddly enough, I had to tell MePo to call the Daemon.exe that was in the VCD directory to get it to work). I did, incidentally install the 1.2.0 Final version of MePo on Monday thinking this .dll would be included in the Final. So tonight when it still didn't work after testing, I switched out the .dll that came with 1.2.0 Final for the one you provided above, and just like that, all is working. Thanks again for your help.

Nick

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I can confirm that it solve the crash :), i'm using latest VCD version.
    Thanks.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal crasch as sson as I hit play on a .iso file, Can I apply this core.dll on my 1.2.1 installation (if not can you please compile one for 1.2.1)? I can provide logs if you need. It happens every time so its easy to reproduce.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. I can confirm that it is working for me as well. But only when using VCD. I tried with Deamon tools first and it did not crash as before but no images was able to mount. Changing to VCD solved that issue as well (before the new core.dll MePo crashed every timewith VCD as well).

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Posted core.dll fixed this for me!

So you're saying the team IS working on this issue? I had uninstalled the KBs mentioned earlier with success - after unloading them Daemon-Tools began working again... well, actually it was an older version of D-T that works. I'm tempted to reinstall the KBs and give your dll a shot.
    It's been 6 weeks and after reading of the successes on here I thought it was time enough to give it a try -- besides, my Win 7 updater was stacking up several updates for me to load. I installed the Windows updates and rebooted. Tried an .iso which mounted and played but could not unmount. Nor could any other .iso mount. I renamed the core.dll as core121.dll to place your core.dll into the mediaportal folder... fired it up and it worked! OK... so then I noticed I was on 1.2.0 so I updated to MP 1.2.1 and it stopped working b/c there was a new core.dll with 1.2.1 -- I renamed core121.dll as core120.dll, core.dll as core121.dll and placed your core.dll into the folder, again: success!
    :D

It seems the change you've made in this "trial" core.dll is working for those of us using Daemon (and that other VCD). As I'd stated earlier, I went back to an older Daemon-Tools version which I'll edit into this post when I get home. I wanted to point out that your core.dll is addressing this issue and allowing the -unmount option to work correctly even with those three M$ KBs loaded on my Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS.

EDIT: Can you share with us what you did to make this work? Will it be included in a future release, or even added to the bugfix database? Does it make sense that the change does what we need, what everyone needs, and won't adversely effect anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom