[fixed] Daemon not UNMOUNTing DVD .iso file (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have open a mantis for that :) with the link of internal patch from Manfred :)
    I hope it will be add in next bugfix :)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I said I'd update this post about my Daemon-Tools version... According to the About it's Daemon-Tools Lite v4.35 I'm now running on my Win 7 32-bit w/MP 1.2.1 and your core.dll to make it all work! I don't know whether newer releases of DT-Lite would still function although I could give them a try... maybe the others would like to say which versions they're running with this core.dll that's working?

BTW, I still have Daemon v3.47 on my last system (BE-2350 X2) which is running Win XP-Home/SP3 32-bit and MP 1.2.1 just fine w/o using your core.dll, so it might very well be related to Win 7, 32-bit

Attachments

• dt.jpg
      dt.jpg
      114 KB

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    core.dll is doing the job for even the latest DaemonTools version

UPDATE: I repurposed an old Sempron 2.2GHz machine as a MP 1.2.1 client and wanted to do .iso files there. It's another Win 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit and I had no DaemonTools so I grabbed the latest on their site: 4.45 and installed it... nope! It crashed upon MediaPortal trying to send the -unmount to the VirtualDrive. After replacing the core.dll in my MP 1.2.1 client all is well!

So, it seems this core.dll is doing the job for even the latest DaemonTools version.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    jep fixed it for me too ... had problems with newly installed mp client win7, with dtlite i always used on vista (and worked with 1.2.1 on that machine)
    but unmounting.. (or mounting another iso) crashed MP..

so switched to VCD and that crashed too , did some searching on the forums.. and updated core.dll ... FIXED..

OS Win7 x32 professional .. all patched up .. :D

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Now that 1.2.2 is released, this core.dll "fix" has been merged into the update... I've verified 1.2.2 works (on both my Win 7 and XP-based systems) without the need to replace the core.dll provided earlier in this thread.

Just wanted to give this thread a proper THANKS & goodbye :)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you really sure that this fix was applied when buidling 1.2.2? I just upgraded to that and are again facing the same issues with DVD iso. I tried using the core.dll attached to this thread on 1.2.2 also but that gave unstable MP so I had to revert to original 1.2.2 core.dll. Any chance of building the core.dll in this thread for 1.2.2 so that I can try it out?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Did you get a crash ?
    Yes this fix is include in 1.2.2 but maybe it was another issue.
    Can you post log ?
    Thanks.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No it did not crash. It just doesn't mount the iso as it should and that keeps MP unresponsive (if I look in the taskmanager it says MP is not responding). Sometimes it responds after a long time. Then if you try to mount again it sometimes works.

So maybe it is a bit different than before.

I will get back with logs later tonight.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom