Danish dr.dk epg ripper (2 Viewers)

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm in deep shit as well - currently traveling in the US and have the family home in dk with mediaportal and a dysfunctional epg grapper...

I will have no chance in hell guiding them into installing something completely new, so I definately need the DR EPG ripper to be fixed :confused:
PLS HELP! :)
Best,
Jacob

Screwed

Portal Member
April 10, 2012
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm also in deep shit. Hope someone with java experience would take the time to fix this epg ripper. It would be highly appreciated. :)
For me, none for the suggested solutions is as good as this java epg, simply because of the cross-platform use.. Yeah, i'm on a mac - and the xmltv solution takes a lot of knowledge to get working on a mac - at least I think so...

Last edited:

jsabrahamsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    For those who want to try XMLTV with the DR2012 grabber (http://xmltvdk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltvdk/trunk/tv_grab_dk_dr_2012?view=log), this is what I had to do to get it working:

I used ActivePerl 5.14.2.1402. http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads
    5.16 (the newest version) won't work, not all the necessary packages are available.

Using PPM (Perl Package Manager), install the following packages:

DateTime
    Date-Manip
    Parse-RecDescent
    IO-Stringy
    XML-Twig
    XML-Writer
    XML-libXML

In C:\Perl\site\lib\Date\Manip.pm, change these lines:

# Local timezone
    $Cnf{"TZ"}="";
    to:
    # Local timezone
    $Cnf{"TZ"}="CET";

Download http://xmltvdk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltvdk/trunk/XMLTV-modules.rar
    Unpack in C:\perl\site

To configure, run:
    C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe tv_grab_dk_dr_2012 --configure
    To fetch XMLTV data, run:
    C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe tv_grab_dk_dr_2012 --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

See also http://niels.dybdahl.dk/xmltvdk/index.php/DR_2009_grabber. The above is an abbreviated version of it.

Kim.T

Portal Member
    November 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    For me, none for the suggested solutions is as good as this java epg, simply because of the cross-platform use.. Yeah, i'm on a mac - and the xmltv solution takes a lot of knowledge to get working on a mac - at least I think so...
    It's basically a FREE stand-alone solution for us on Mac (no need to pay for a ontv solution).(y) I hope Rune DJ or Søren can help us.

SoerenB

Portal Member
    February 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, it looks like either DR changed something again, or they stopped updating the contents. I cannot access the Yahoo group, so I cannot see what is wrong (who uses closed groups these days? It makes internet searches impossible... Its like Facebook, only worse).
    I have given up and subscribed to ontv (timefor.tv). Sorry.

anders.sigsgaard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    o_O Rolig now, I'm working on it. I guess I will have something running for myself tomorrow, and for you, my friends, monday night. I'm combining the stuff from xmltvdk to the Rune stuff. I'm a java-guy, in every sense...

Kim.T

Portal Member
    November 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    o_O Rolig now, I'm working on it. I guess I will have something running for myself tomorrow, and for you, my friends, monday night. I'm combining the stuff from xmltvdk to the Rune stuff. I'm a java-guy, in every sense...
    NICE....Just one question - I know there is a parameter to use if it is daylight sawing. But could the java program not do this by itself ?

zetus

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you Anders, for looking into to this....... and hello again to you, Soren. You made a big effort last time, and 'saved' us :)

But yesterday I made up my mind, and bought a 'TimeFor.TV pro' abo. I must say, it works right out of the box. Download, rename the 'epg.xml' and after a few minutes 'mapping' in MP, and there we are. WAF 10/10, weekend saved :)
    It doesn't matter, using 'webReader' or 'TimeFor.TV', but it must be running 24/7. Like Jacob same, same.

Could someone be so kind, and guide me in the right direction, how to daily download, rename and copy the 'epg.xml' to the right spot ?
    It is just a http://timefor.tv/xmltv/blablablablabla/epg.xml 'personal link', but my hope is a simple way to do it (without to many 3. party tools)

/Kenneth

Last edited:

SoerenB

Portal Member
    February 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    On the third tab on the XMLTV plugin in Mediaportal TV Setup, you can specify a direct download link. Just paste you personal link, e.g. http://timefor.tv/xmltv/blablablablabla/epg.xml" there. It will then download it to the directory specified at the first tab of the plugin (where you previously had the old reader to dump the file, but you can change that if you like) and it will also rename it correctly to tvguide.xml.
    You can then set a time of day for it to get it (or get it now, but careful, you can only get it twice a day without visiting timefor.tv to reset the counter).

I have set it up like this:
    I re-used the old rule in the Windows scheduler that would wake up the machine every day at 17.00 to call the old grabber. I then pointed it to a bat file that does nothing. I configured XMLTV plugin to download the file every day at 17.01. My media center will then go back to sleep after 5 minutes, and hopefulyy everything is updated (It will check it today at 17 :) )

It may even be possible to wake the machine with Mediaportal.

zetus

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    On the third tab on the XMLTV plugin in Mediaportal TV Setup, you can specify a direct download link. Just paste you personal link, ............

Of Course, exactly what I am talking about......but (always a but :)). How do you manage your User/Password login ?
    It creates the file tvguide.xml, but empty, with the text: 'ACCOUNT NOT FOUND The user account wasn't found' ?

I have made an experiment with 'Xmltv GUI', and this tool works flawless. Here I can but in, the User/Password for my TimeFor.TV pro abo. If I don't put in credentials, I get the same message as above.

But I prefer, no 3. party tools. If MP could handle it, that would be nice.....

Nice talking to you again, Soren (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom