I have temporarily disabled database updates from this version because I want to ensure that we concentrate on making sure that the main functionality of the application works. Then, when I know that the app is working and everyone is on-board, I'll concentrate on making the database upgrade process work. This is by far the most complex task because I've normalized the databases and I cannot be sure, at this point, what people have in their databases. I expect database upgrades to be the most troublesome part of this upgrade.OK, I will try this and report back (probably tomorrow).
As a result of this, the refactored app will only create a database when one is not already there. If you tried installing the refactored app earlier then there may be an old version of the V6 database still lying around. The best way to guarantee that only the latest database layouts get used is for users to remove any existing client databases before running the either the client app or the GUI.
It's a long time since I used dual-boot but I think that is a neat way to handle testing. The install BAT file should have copied the correct exe.config files over for you. Please check that all files copied over successfully before continuing. Also, the script assumes that you have installed MP1 in the standard folders. If that is not the case then you will need to edit the script to point to your set-up. I've used variables to hold the locations (toFolder and toDataFolder).Sorry, I did not make this clear. I use the "Bootit Bare Metal" boot manager to maintain multiple primary partitions on my HTPC. Each of these partitions hosts a separate copy of the OS and (usually) a different version of MP. Each OS partition sees only the data partitions in the HTPC -- the other OS partitions are hidden from the booted OS partition. The test partition is a copy of my MP 1.29 production partition.
Loading of Utils.dll and Core.dll has been made optional in case anyone is using MPTray. The changes I have made in those two DLLs is more to do with suppressing annoying error messages than to do with functionality (I've changed the messages from ERROR to DEBUG when they aren't errors that we can do anything about).