Date of release? (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With that option enabled it refreshes the movie with the correct release date :) , attached log.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, I already tested the Regular Expression code to make sure it was still correct, by manually testing it for Tropic Thunder.

Glad to know the rest also worked as expected.

So another problem solved :)

PS: Be sure to disable the scraper-debug mode now, and possibly MePo debug mode, as there is normally no need for those massive log files.

macxs

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    The problem exists apart from a special scraper. I use different scrapers and for any of them it sets the "release date" to the "date added". The resolution shown here is a workaround, I guess.
    Maybe the method is designed the way that it first adds the added-date to the release-date field and later overwrites this field with the real one. But that does not happen because of the expression that prevents overwriting.
    Edit: I forgot to mention I tested IMDB+, Filminfo+ and Local Scrapers (Ember + XBMC). The XML files are OK.

macxs

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Thanks for you reply. One more silly question: how can I work around this when I do not use IMDB+ Plugin?

Why: I recently switched to movie folders managed by Ember and want to import the movie info from nfo files in local folders. That's much faster and more reliable - apart from this release-date issue ;-)

macxs

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Again, thanks for your reply!
    I'm using the XBMC (Local) plugin (sorry that I did not state this before).
    I did search for scripts in the file system that I could eventually change but sadly did not find anything. So I guess it's somehow compiled in and depends on the correct behavior of the importer.

macxs

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Hi @Brudertag,

the fact that this bug effects all scrapers - even the ones built in - leads me to the opinion that it would be better to fix the importer itself.
    The "fix" mentioned above is just a workaround to circumvent the broken importer. RoChess mentioned that "MovPic search node is broken". But at this point I'm completely out of discussion ;-)

Ciao!
    Marco

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Brudertac I moved IMDb+ finally over to GitHub, the release date in question you can handle with: https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/blob/master/Scraper/IMDb+.Scraper.SVN.xml#L521-L528 (modify the RegExp obviously if you do not use imdb.com as a source)

Merlyn copied a lot from IMDb+ when he created FilmInfo+ for German users which is now critical with imdb.de being cancelled, so structure should be the same. The only exception is that I went one step further with IMDb+ plugin to control the settings, and offer auto-update on the scraper-script, and rename files.

Users who are viewing this thread